I don't know that thread but with this one kindness and respect are the operative words here, something Bob really fosters here. Thank you Bob! There's a fair mix of approaches to chickens and life but the main thing is helping eachother help their chickens live good lives. And pictures and videos of our chickens. I need to post more of those....
Well said!

I have heard some people hang a bit of meat from the roof of the coop or run (out of reach of chickens) and let the flies get to it and the maggots just drop off into the run and the ladies gobble them up.
A bit too icky for me but in principle it is a clever idea!
Yes, I’ve heard of this in some sort of this with some sort of bucket with holes method. On that note, my fly traps are stinking something fierce. Not sure I can take it. And they sort of surround the chicken yard. Do you think that attracts predators? Wondering if I should swap them out with fresh ones, but it’s only been three weeks. They say to discard after they are full, dry up, or after 30 days, whichever is first. I may toss early.

Luckily I have hardware cloth literally lying around. I just hate working with the stuff.
It is tough stuff! Bob, when I made a couple grow boxes (to grow sprouts for the girls to stand on), I took the time to bend every wire over with a pair of needle-nose pliars. Tedious, but I don’t have to worry about it causing bumblefoot or some other injury.

I have feeling that there are going to be a lot of tax payments around here with the thread going so fast.
Bob, I try to refrain from replying to so many, as I know it creates tons of posts for others to have to read, but it’s hard not to! 🤣

Tax (scrolled through my phone and randomly stopped-oops… it’s a blurry pic of Roxy molting! 🤣)

Attachments

• A2ED57CF-BD60-4EAC-94E0-E85F8F65EB34.jpeg
    A2ED57CF-BD60-4EAC-94E0-E85F8F65EB34.jpeg
    760.5 KB · Views: 2
I have heard some people hang a bit of meat from the roof of the coop or run (out of reach of chickens) and let the flies get to it and the maggots just drop off into the run and the ladies gobble them up.
A bit too icky for me but in principle it is a clever idea!
Brilliant. I was going too put meat in a jar with holes in the lid. Thanks for this advice :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom