Musings

When you are in an emotional state such as Mrs BY Bob and I find ourselves, the decisions you make are not rational. I know that.

We just had a conversation where Mrs BY Bob indicated that if these chicks do not arrive alive and well the expansion is off. I am to break Phyllis of her broodiness and we are going to leave the flock as is. She seems quite adamant.

Will she relent or did I just build a coop for no reason?

For additional thought.......I never went out to finish the coop last night. Do I agree with her subconsciously? Frankly I seem to be rapidly moving to prepare for the worst case scenario. Am I just starting to protect myself from the anticipated disappointment?
If I remember correctly when you had experienced several losses early on, Mrs. BYBob said that she didn't want any more chickens. Perhaps she is protecting herself from more pain. We all grieve in our own way.
My thoughts are with you both today.

Helpful

I wore down the supervisor here the local post office and she called the distribution center in Cleveland. Supposedly they were scanned in the departure area. The person in Cleveland is on their way to the departure area to confirm they are not still there.

During all this conversation the sound of chicks cheeping fills the air.

Helpful

I wore down the supervisor here the local post office and she called the distribution center in Cleveland. Supposedly they were scanned in the departure area. The person in Cleveland is on their way to the departure area to confirm they are not still there.

:barnie :love:hit

Helpful

Still no response from Cleveland. That scan in the departure area was done on Monday. If they did leave Cleveland on Monday evening, where are they?

This is worrisome. Hopefully your local PO supervisor is now dedicated to your situation and on the case resolving it.
I can't save them. That much is clear. They can't tell me where they are right now. Hopefully they can find them. They are really at the post office's mercy. 😥

Back
Top Bottom