I can't save them. That much is clear. They can't tell me where they are right now. Hopefully they can find them. They are really at the post office's mercy. 😥
Oh, no, Bob! I was expecting to log on and see chick pics. I’m so sorry. I hope to read ahead and learn they have been found.

Maybe this will be a distraction for you and us, Bob! I've been holding off on looking at pictures and video with Queenie because it's been too painful. This one was taken the day before she died, on May 13. I've also wanted to offload stuff from my phone (new phone coming!) so I braved it, and uploaded this video of most of the flock at the base of their apple tree. The Buckeyes had started dustbathing, and she tried to join in on the outside, but stepped away when somebody pecked at her. So she hung around. When they finished and started foraging she got into the little bowl and started her own dustbath. They saw that and they came back, but Queenie determinedly held her ground in the prime middle spot, weathering a few pecks, until everyone settled into bathing. Soon they were all just having a great time doing their thing. What a great chicken she was! RIP Queenie.

Queenie gets there first
Aww, lovely Queenie! :love Thanks for sharing Chicory. :hugs

I appreciate the help. I hope I have not upset everyone too much through this process.
Don’t be silly @BY Bob, we are all here for you during this very stressful and despairing time :hugs Together through the good and bad, the happy and the sad, mate, that’s the caring community you have put together on your thread I’m afraid 💜 never apologise for sharing these things.

My chickens are a bit like cats. When they want love they will let me know. They don't want extra TLC without them wanting it. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone.
I have been making this argument for years. I think that is why so many of us chicken owners have cats as well.

Back
Top Bottom