My silkie is always happy to adopt chicks. She is finished with the babies I gave her earlier this Spring.

It's good 1 chick is eating, hopefully the 2nd one starts from watching.

@BY Bob and I have been in contact and I'm available to help in any way possible.
And I am so thankful for you. :hugs :hugs

Ok, I admit it. I am in tears. Bob, I can’t imagine yours and Mrs. BY Bob’s anguish. Huge hugs to you both.

This makes me not want to buy feed store chicks, either. They also come through the mail. There is an operation in southern California that delivers their own live chicks on a schedule up and down the state. I will look into them again. I forget the name. Something with “dream” in it, I think?
Yes, here they are:
https://www.dare2dreamfarms.com/delivery

Ok, I admit it. I am in tears. Bob, I can’t imagine yours and Mrs. BY Bob’s anguish. Huge hugs to you both.

This makes me not want to buy feed store chicks, either. They also come through the mail. There is an operation in southern California that delivers their own live chicks on a schedule up and down the state. I will look into them again. I forget the name. Something with “dream” in it, I think?
I'm so sorry I put everyone through all of this. I appreciate everyone's kind support.

I'm so sorry I put everyone through all of this. I appreciate everyone's kind support.
No, Bob. You didn’t put us through this. We CHOSE to ride this journey with you. You are not allowed to put any more guilt on yourself. And while it’s painful, we have all learned so much, and I think our friendships have grown stronger.

I’m so sorry. Is she still with us? I assume you’ve put droplets on the side of her beak with a littke syringe or dropper?
I have. She was drinking on her own when I touched her beak to the water but she can no longer stand and is no longer opening her eyes. She reacts to the water but she is rapidly going the wrong way. I'm really surprised because I though I had her over the hump at dinner time.

That's what's so great about this thread: everyone is kind and supportive. It's the atmosphere that you have created and nurtured.
Even though we don't know each other well, I am thinking of you and Mrs BYBob, hoping for the best outcome.

Back
Top Bottom