We got some snow! 8000 feet, but water runs downhill and low 80s are in the forecast.
20210920_161122.jpg
From work.
20210920_164403.jpg
Home
20210920_164722.jpg
More home, 5 min after previous pic
20210920_164619.jpg
Storm matches rather nicely

Attachments

• 20210920_161122.jpg
    20210920_161122.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 0
We've introduced the kids to the A-team, Buck, Dukes of Hazzard, MacGyver, Gilligan's Island, the old Adam West Batman, Abbott & Costello, the Carol Burnett Show, HR Puffnstuff, Land of the Lost, Star Trek, Dr Demento, among other things...

Not chickens, but too funny not to share, courtesy of Carol Burnett Show
Our staples were A-Team, Knight Rider, Buck Rogers, CHiPs, 6 Million Dollar Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Littlest Hobo, Lassie, Gilligan’s Island, Bewitched, Batman, Banana Splits and HR Puffnstuff, amongst other things. I vaguely remember the Dukes of Hazzard, we didn’t get Abbott & Costello, the Carol Burnett Show, Land of the Lost, Dr Demento and completely missed MacGyver in the 80s. There was only one season made of Automan (and there are episodes on YouTube that are so cringey!) A couple of decades later my mum revealed she had a big crush on Automan! :eek:

Thanks for the nostalgic trip! We’d better get Bob’s Wayback Machine back into his garage before he notices it’s missing! :D

Tax:
0F42BDAD-8F62-4802-A70E-EA73E767DA70.jpeg

Our staples were A-Team, Knight Rider, Buck Rogers, CHiPs, 6 Million Dollar Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Littlest Hobo, Lassie, Gilligan’s Island, Bewitched, Batman, Banana Splits and HR Puffnstuff, amongst other things. I vaguely remember the Dukes of Hazzard, we didn’t get Abbott & Costello, the Carol Burnett Show, Land of the Lost, Dr Demento and completely missed MacGyver in the 80s. There was only one season made of Automan (and there are episodes on YouTube that are so cringey!) A couple of decades later my mum revealed she had a big crush on Automan! :eek:

Thanks for the nostalgic trip! We’d better get Bob’s Wayback Machine back into his garage before he notices it’s missing! :D

Tax:
View attachment 2840689
Abbott & Costello were 1930s-40s. Also made sure the boys knew the Stooges and Errol Flynn

Tax
20210920_165035.jpg

Bonus: Fluffy Butt

He is very much not alone. Mom, Dad and what seems like a collection of Aunts and Uncles are very much around and about bringing him food and yelling at him (presumably for being so stupid as to fall out of the nest).
He is quite mobile and has moved himself closer to the house which is a tad safer.
I still think I might put him in a box in the garage for the night but I am less sure after seeing how far and fast he moves on the ground.
Had a trio of magpie babies on the ground this summer, similar feather cover. They looked so funny with short tails. I set the sprinkler going near them so they could get a drink (not on them). They moved quite a ways, bounced up the branches of a spruce tree and hung out for the day. over the next week, I could identify them flying around due to the tail length. Now, I can't tell which are those and which are the adults. I think the on the ground happens when they should be able to fly but haven't quite mastered the techniques.

I wouldn't use washing up liquid but that's just me, rescuers have with sea life.

I hope @Shadach drops in, maybe he will know. As it's sticky I'm at a loss for ideas. :(
I use olive oil on the sticky stuff in my hair. Heat with hairdryer, massage to work into details, then wash thoroughly with shampoo. Sub dish soap for that part....not sure how the olive oil (autocorrect took that to police oil😂😂😂) would interact with the feathers. They use dish soap to get the crude oil out of fur/feathers at oil spills so should work.

Back
Top Bottom