I forgot it is Monday how about this from 18 months ago. Diana helping me deal with the rodent issue. Not really a full on mug shot!

554C46DA-3A56-4860-85A3-0D6D374E267D.jpeg

BREAKOUT!!!!!!!!

I'm not certain if you remember back when Phyllis breached the perimeter fence but when she did I was most worried that it might have been Aurora. My main fear being that I can't touch Aurora and she won't let me get close enough to catch her. How would i ever get her back into the fence if she ever got out.

Well today I learned what would happen. My fears came true and Aurora breached containment. :eek:

Since her last knee replacement, Mrs BY Bob has left the lawn mowing to me. She used to like to do it but it was too hard. She has decided that she is finally ready to mow again but just the flat part of the yard, no hills. No problem, I am grateful for the help. So when I mowed last night, I left the small portion of the side for her to mow.

Now the hens, normally Phyllis and Hattie have been very interested in the world beyond the gate for some time. I have to be careful when I open and close the side gate. Today, when taking the mower out, Mrs BY Bob was not careful.

I was sitting at my desk working on an agreement and my phone rang. Not unusual but it was Mrs BY Bob calling. I figured she was having issues seating the battery into the mower. Nope. I heard, HELP! AURORA IS OUT! I CAN'T GET HER BACK IN! I was out the door in a flash.

As I am going a plan is developing in my head. Perhaps I can use her fear of being touched to my advantage and push her back in through the gate like two magnets with the same pole.

The video will tell the truth. I was smart enough to record my efforts. Enjoy! Try not to laugh too hard. I know I did afterwards.

FWIW, I discovered that the hose with a thumb over the end makes a good herding tool, if they won't come for treats....especially for roosters.....

Oh, yes, Minnie is doing great! Except she’s not eating, so I’m tube feeding her 65-70mL of baby bird formula twice daily. That’s all I can manage.
What exactly is baby bird formula? Do you make it? I'm not very clear on this. Chick starter with water, or with Pedialyte, or something else entirely? Thanks!

Sorry, everyone...another blast from the past. I'm waaaayyyy behind, I don't know if I'll ever catch up. I'm now at pg. 301...up from 148. (still thousands of pages to read!) :th

That said, I am thoroughly enjoying this thread, and would like to thank you all.:hugs I am continually amazed at the intelligence, knowledge, thoughtfulness, empathy, and, of course, great stories and wonderful pictures.
Your answer helped me get to know you and a little about your flock/tribe and how you relate to them. I don't think you owe any apologies for posting a response to what you're reading now!

Our staples were A-Team, Knight Rider, Buck Rogers, CHiPs, 6 Million Dollar Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Littlest Hobo, Lassie, Gilligan’s Island, Bewitched, Batman, Banana Splits and HR Puffnstuff, amongst other things. I vaguely remember the Dukes of Hazzard, we didn’t get Abbott & Costello, the Carol Burnett Show, Land of the Lost, Dr Demento and completely missed MacGyver in the 80s. There was only one season made of Automan (and there are episodes on YouTube that are so cringey!) A couple of decades later my mum revealed she had a big crush on Automan! :eek:

Thanks for the nostalgic trip! We’d better get Bob’s Wayback Machine back into his garage before he notices it’s missing! :D

Tax:
View attachment 2840689
What about Sha-na-na? (Might have been late 70s instead of early 80s :confused: :idunno)

I just joined BYC about a month ago and found this thread about a week ago. PMed @BY Bob and he said 'write anyway" as I was afraid to respond to posts 'cause I' so far behind!

So, the 'Blast from the past' is me responding to a very old post...as I read it for the first time. I hope that doesn't confuse anyone.:confused:
I think I've posted at least twice on the time- warp nature of life on this thread. When is now? 😆 🤔 I was worried about @featherhead007 flying with no sleep, but Ol' Smart Alec(x) was already still alive and posting for two days by then. It's a little like the old days when you got a letter on a mail ship with news from a month ago. 🤔 Wait. That slo-mo's happening now. I'm still mad and sad about @BY Bob 's poor chicks! 😢:mad:

Back
Top Bottom