I had a bit of a party last week - and the Princesses are getting the left overs. Turns out they quite like dill pickles. Not as much as they like hot dogs and hamburger but more than they like the bread.
That's very interesting. 🥒

Has anyone else had a molt so stressful it affected a bird's mobility? Plati's walking issues seemed to have occurred when her body was under great stress. I don't think it could be anything else. I just want this poor girl to grow big and strong. But she is roughly the same size as the others now.
Yes Hattie does not move a lot during her molt. Eat and sit is what she does for a couple of weeks. The others not so much but Hattie always molts hard.

A little look back in time for this Tuesday.
Alinta and Brenna, or as they were known at just 2 weeks old Little A and Little B
IMG_20180223_175102.jpg

I don't know what to do about Blossom. I think she was dealing with sour crop, and I thought that she was finally getting better. But she stopped eating and on Monday her crop started to swell a bit again. We'd been giving her antifungal medication (Nystatin, 30 mg / 2x day for 10 days). I don't know what else could be the matter, other than a relapse. (?) I don't know - does anyone have any advice? We don't live by a good vet for turkeys, and the vet we did try to go to just gave us very basic information.

Do you think that colloidal silver could help? I've heard that it's helpful for fungal infections/growths.

Back
Top Bottom