Can you feel any sort of firm nugget in there? How full is her crop? Would adding to it aggravate things? Do you know how to administer coconut oil? It can be helpful with impactions. You just freeze it so it’s hard, then chop up into pills to feed the bird. I hear some chickens love it and will eat it readily, but the couple times I’ve tried, I did not see that. I HAVE, however, hidden it in liquid form (it turns liquid when warm) in bsby bird formuka, which is a treat for my flock.
I haven't felt anything in her crop yet, but I'll check again tomorrow. Her crop was very full this morning, but went down to half that size this evening. Blossom's not eating on her own right now. We have to syringe raw egg and kefir into her beak to make sure that she's getting some nutrition. We tried coconut oil a couple weeks ago, but we'll try again tomorrow. I'm very grateful for your advice :)

I missed what happened in your sad day, Alex. Are you ok?

Tax

Ok, so I’ve been feeling the tube in Minnie’s crop since this post, just to be sure. It’s amazing how different the anatomy is from hen to hen. I can firlt AT LEAST a full incb more of tube into Ruby and not feel it in her crop, where Minnie’s tube is super easy to feel. I can’t really compare to Ester, as I did not feel for the tube when I was tubing her. It’s great to be a lifelong learner, right?! (sorry… edu-speak buzz word)
My bad day consisted of finding out that a friend is in hospital with Covid, and another friends son is very sick overseas.

My night is going well. All the birds behaved when it turned coop time. Arizona and Dakota were waiting on the porch for me (earlier than expected) :wee it’s watermelon day tomorrow for the chooks, and I bought some apples for Chaco (going to see her tomorrow as well) ps. I’m planning on having an “All you can eat “ Chinese buffet tomorrow evening:drool

Can you feel any sort of firm nugget in there? How full is her crop? Would adding to it aggravate things? Do you know how to administer coconut oil? It can be helpful with impactions. You just freeze it so it’s hard, then chop up into pills to feed the bird. I hear some chickens love it and will eat it readily, but the couple times I’ve tried, I did not see that. I HAVE, however, hidden it in liquid form (it turns liquid when warm) in bsby bird formuka, which is a treat for my flock.
My girls gobble it, they love it!

Back
Top Bottom