He was forced to leave them behind and return to England by Brexit.
SHRA tax

20200211_171831.jpg

Wait, @Sharach, I know I'm behind ('up to' page 600 now!..trying to plow forward & keep up with new posts)), but what happened to your tribes:confused:? I loved hearing about & seeing them. :love You were the prefect chicken tender (occupation, not food!:p) of them.
Well, the good news is if you are only on page sixhundrededish there are plenty more stories to go; not just of the tribes and my contributions either.:cool::D
I had to leave Catalonia. Not any more woorth dwelling on or explaining. I'm sure you won't take offence at the brevity of the explanation.
There will be more stories, but not of the tribes.:)
I hope I can generate as much interest in the stories of these Ex Batts who have not had all the advantages that the tribes had and still have, with or without me.

This is the view of the allotments with my back to the chicken coop. Lots of scope here for "improvements".
IMG_20210904_190407_043.jpg

This is what needs improving.
IMG_20210904_190553_5.jpg

Oh arr, I'll be helping out with the geese as well.
IMG_20210904_190634_6.jpg

The person who is responsible for the allotment area do their best with what help they can get and what funds they have.
They've found it difficult to find anyone who knows much about chickens, let alone some nutter like myself who is prepared to put in what will turn out to be quite a lot of work and when extra food and rebuilding projects are taken into account, some money.
Some people like to spend their disposable income on other things. I'm happy spending it on the chickens.:confused::rolleyes:

Meet Henry The Second and his hens!
These are all Ex Batts or rescues.
I'll be looking after them along with another person for the forseeable future.
They all live on a large allotment plot about 5 mins walk from my daughters.
I'll get some better pictures up later.
There is a lot of work to do. The start was made this morning when they all got out of their run for the first time together.:celebrate
The first project is to increase the size of their run. There is just about enough grunt left in me to get a fence up and maybe even build a new coop. Negotiations are currently in progress.
I picked Henry The Second up today and a few of his hens. I haven't held a rooster for almost five months!
View attachment 2843499View attachment 2843506View attachment 2843507
This is the best news! I am so happy for you. :hugs

This is the view of the allotments with my back to the chicken coop. Lots of scope here for "improvements".View attachment 2844813
This is what needs improving.
View attachment 2844814
Oh arr, I'll be helping out with the geese as well.
View attachment 2844815
The person who is responsible for the allotment area do their best with what help they can get and what funds they have.
They've found it difficult to find anyone who knows much about chickens, let alone some nutter like myself who is prepared to put in what will turn out to be quite a lot of work and when extra food and rebuilding projects are taken into account, some money.
Some people like to spend their disposable income on other things. I'm happy spending it on the chickens.:confused::rolleyes:
This is what makes you a special person. They are very lucky to have you. I am excited to watch the improvement in their lives.

I’m glad to hear good news, here on BYC. My news is pretty much all bad. The (windy fire) in Tulare County, effects us here, and evacuation is mandatory at my mountain aire property up on the mountain. Here’s my lovely sunrise picture this morning. :sick ( FC491508-24D1-436B-A672-B02A54C7BFB4.jpeg my poor chickens and horse have to breathe in this air too) :(

I’m glad to hear good news, here on BYC. My news is pretty much all bad. The (windy fire) in Tulare County, effects us here, and evacuation is mandatory at my mountain aire property up on the mountain. Here’s my lovely sunrise picture this morning. :sick (View attachment 2844834 my poor chickens and horse have to breathe in this air too) :(
I know you have considered bringing them into the house. I'm so sorry that this is happening again.

Back
Top Bottom