Hi friends. I was busy helping my daughter get ready for a dance and missed all the nighttime feedings and meds. But Ruby was on a roost! She was back in her old favorite spot. I’ll be sure to give her fluids first thing in the morning so she keeps it up.
Minnie was also on her roost, which is up top where Bridge used to roost. Too hard to reach her with limited time, so I instead put her meal into Flash’s crop, which was empty. Overall, I’m happy with hoe the day ended. ❤️
Fantastic!!

Hi friends. I was busy helping my daughter get ready for a dance and missed all the nighttime feedings and meds. But Ruby was on a roost! She was back in her old favorite spot. I’ll be sure to give her fluids first thing in the morning so she keeps it up.
Minnie was also on her roost, which is up top where Bridge used to roost. Too hard to reach her with limited time, so I instead put her meal into Flash’s crop, which was empty. Overall, I’m happy with hoe the day ended. ❤️
A lot of dances going on...it's the Homecoming dance here..today/night.

001.JPG
Years..and years ago.

I am genuinely interested in the viscosity of the egg whites of older hens.

Can anyone comment?
I can’t say with the ISA’s that I took much notice, sorry. They were always way thicker than store bought though, never what I would call watery.
Snow’s are thick whites, don’t spread at all in the pan whereas Belle’s started out both in one egg (viscous around the yolk but edges were watery and spread a lot in the pan). The one of hers I used in meatballs just now seemed thick with no sign of the watery edge they had when she first started.
I know they are both young though so doesn’t help with your question :oops:

A foot forward a foot backwards. It seems she's a bit more stable today. It happened before when she had her respiratory infection and it started up again with her molt.
Well, that’s a bummer. How old is she? That sounds like the classic Mareks pose. Mareks symptoms can manifest under stress. I hope she feels better soon. Are you providing poultry vitamins?

Look at Hazel's tail! She's been molting and not feeling well. She's quite standoffish and doesn't mix it up with everyone for treats or mash balls. Been feeding her ones on the sly, if she'll take them. She rests under the lilac bush a lot. She's grouchy. Look how there's just one feather left back there!
View attachment 2846160

Hazel: What are you looking at?
Me: Your beautiful new neck feathers. Also your tail.
View attachment 2846161

Hazel: Hey! Don't be taking pictures of me like this! Didn't you mention maybe I'd like something called sardines? Well put your phone down and get busy with that, please!
View attachment 2846164
Poor Hazel. Her face is fantastic in the last one!:love

That is something I made from things available at tractor supply. It involves combining these two things.

View attachment 2846688View attachment 2846689

I took the holder from the rabbit water bottle and attached it to the chick waterer. I roughed up the chick waterer and the bottle holder where I wanted to to attach it with a little sandpaper just to make it rough and then used JB Weld to attach them to each other. It is fabulous. I am using it in my chick brooder right now. Here is Legertha standing on it. At this point it was not attached to the brooder wall yet.

View attachment 2846695
Wow, thank you! Quite inventive :)

Oh that's good news! What the vet say? Anything new?
Oh, I missed this post! I never even talked to the vet today. I just know they took a lot of fluid off. I’m guessing upwards of 500cc. Last time, the vet did say she has a left-sided mass. As far as the fluid, it seems to be hormone related, so I hope molt gives her a break.

Back
Top Bottom