I just got news that Lilly was breathing through her mouth.She wasn’t eating and drinking.Her eyes were closed.She’s on her 7th egg.We ate the other 6 because they weren’t fertile.I’ve no idea what happened and she couldn’t walk.A few miniutes later I just got news Lilly is nowhere to be found!she is not dead she’s idk if alive.Where could have she gone!?Era is frantically crowing.
I hope she’s ok, Afi.

And because I’m dumping my soul on you peeps today, honestly I have been in competition with my older brother all my life. Yes he owns a mansion a yacht and a few properties in Washington state. But let’s just list what I have.
1. six properties in California
2. 12 wonderful chickens
3. A beautiful horse “Chaco”
4.still have the interest on my property in Washington DC!
5. My life insurance company would go broke I was to die! Just saying.
6. Not to mention that I’m the only person in the family, with my own airplane!
I do love my brother but :tongue

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I’m devising a new plan as I write, one that might take all the cutting on measuring out of the job haha.
Buy a cubby house, assemble it and modify it for hens (paint it for weather, cover windows, add roosts and nesting boxes etc make a floor then elevate it a bit so they can get underneath) 🤔
Just an idea for the moment but possible it could work. Maybe it would be big enough for 2 more hens too 🤫🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m no chippy so it wouldn’t be anything spectacular but bigger and better than the prefab (which is getting old anyway)
Ventilation is important

And because I’m dumping my soul on you peeps today, honestly I have been in competition with my older brother all my life. Yes he owns a mansion a yacht and a few properties in Washington state. But let’s just list what I have.
1. six properties in California
2. 12 wonderful chickens
3. A beautiful horse “Chaco”
4.still have the interest on my property in Washington DC!
5. My life insurance company would go broke I was to die! Just saying.
And us. You have us. May not be worth much, but a little maybe?
:hugs
Also you have your sense of humor. Never let that go.

@Shadrach while you're about, I've a question for you if you don't mind. Do egg whites become more viscous as a hen ages? I ask because Mary is 4 now and her whites are increasingly viscous, so I'm wondering if it's just her or whether it's common.
It's not something I've noticed MJ.

Chicken tax may a new bird is in one of these.? I’m kidding. These are my breakfast! 8ABBCF68-70BF-48EE-94F7-018365ADBA57.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom