Belle update.
She’s breaking my heart! Put her on a roost last night, got her out of the nest box this morning and shut off the coop.
Just had to open it for Snow to lay and then of course…
View attachment 2867191
🥰

My poor baby girl, I feel so dreadful. I’ve left her in there until Snow is finished then I’ll collect the egg and get her out again.
She sat up on my shoulder for a bit prior to this when I squatted in the run to chat, I told her I’m sorry but she just can’t be a mumma right now 🥺
It is so hard. Maleficent broke my heart when I stopped her. Be strong. :hugs :hugs

I always love a good dust bath! It’s hot there?
It was over 80°F, 27°C. That will be the last day of that kind of heat for some time (6 months or more). The rain has set in now and the high today will be 75°F (24°C) and 64°F (18°C) tomorrow.

Fall is finally arriving.

I'm going to have to find a name for this young hen. Trouble is she looks very like four of the others.
PA150511.JPG
PA150512.JPG
PA150514.JPG

Gooooooooood morning BYC! (From the movie) I am liquidating all my assets. I will be very busy the next month or two. My common denominator is still BYC . I’m keeping the DC property and the house next door (only $1,860.000.00) only :thGezz (I hope it’s not haunted)👻 . Last thing I need is a poultryguist. (Little Halloween fun)

Last edited:
Well here’s a first!
View attachment 2867505
I brought Flash in for some crop work and she tried to roost on the table! See that big ol’ crop on a tiny hen? She’s back out in the coop with her sisters now.
HOUSE CHICKEN! She looks right at home. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom