I was that teenager! 🤣 I don't think I'd give you the answer you're looking for! 😄
🤦‍♂️ Phyllis is not you.

And to be frank, as I wrote this I knew what your response to the question would be. However, you are not typical in any way and I love you for it! 🤣

Perhaps her personality will help her to stand out from the other 3.

I know you are great with names but might I suggest Quat (pronounced "cat" It's a shortening of quatre which is French for 4 since there are 4 similar hens)?
Maybe they'll end up with names like Fax, Copy, Carbon, Simile?

Videos of the Phyllistines

I have been out sitting in the run with the Phyllistines this morning. They have been spending a lot of time on the porch and I have two videos of them for you.

The first is of Sylvie helping Legertha with her new feather shafts on her head. A nice little grooming session.

The second involves some spastic running about with them charging at the camera.

They're growing up beautifully Bob!

Oh dear - poor Minnie is definitely off today. I got a poo sample and am desperately trying to find an avian vet for an appointment (the guy I saw with Maggie has no appointments but will call me).
I have found one vet who can see her on Monday but requires a $50 non-refundable deposit to make the appointment - I have never heard of such a thing!
I am thinking I will do that - even if it is too late for Minnie I could get a wellness check on someone else and probably good to get to know an avian vet within semi-reasonable driving distance.
Dropping poo off at my regular vet - maybe results will be back before Monday.
Why did I decide to keep chickens again? Why? They are so much stress and anxiety.
Minnie today.
View attachment 2867779View attachment 2867780
Oh poor Minnie.I hope everything works out fine RC.I don’t suppose there’s anything I could do?id love to help if I can.

Last edited:
Videos of the Phyllistines

I have been out sitting in the run with the Phyllistines this morning. They have been spending a lot of time on the porch and I have two videos of them for you.

The first is of Sylvie helping Legertha with her new feather shafts on her head. A nice little grooming session.

The second involves some spastic running about with them charging at the camera.

Soooo adorable! I didn’t see this post earlier. Posts pretty much always appear out of order for me. These are darn cute! 🤣

What Happened!!!

Something destroyed Sansa's tail feathers. I caught her sleeping on the main roost last night as she has been doing. It would seem unlikely that someone did this on the roost last night. Notice Sydney in the nest box. She does this when molting to stay away from everyone else.

View attachment 2867914

Here is Sansa's tail 4 days ago. It looked like this yesterday.

View attachment 2867916

Here it this morning.

View attachment 2867920

What happened! They are shredded. Not pulled out.
So strange! Maybe these shredded feathers were just revealed when other tail feathers fell out?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom