Here is Minnie settling down for the night in jail.
03348546-5CED-4020-98B7-647C3483D909.jpeg

Here is Minnie settling down for the night in jail.View attachment 2869278
Hospital is not jail.

Also, that was a very good looking poop. Most encouraging.

I'm looking forward to reading all about her appointment.

TBH, I'm more worried about Shad's Lima and it seems she's going to pull through now she's on soft foods.

I’m angry with Beethov-Hen! My church friend had gifted me with another bag of meally worms. So as I was out treating the chooks, she jumped up on me and spilled the whole bag onto the ground. I salvaged as many as I could, but I could only save 1/2 of the bag! The rest of the worms, were in the grass, in the dirt and all over me! :old:mad::idunno
naughty girl!
Maybe time to keep bag inside and just bring out a scoop (pick a size) at a time....

Hospital is not jail.

Also, that was a very good looking poop. Most encouraging.

I'm looking forward to reading all about her appointment.

TBH, I'm more worried about Shad's Lima and it seems she's going to pull through now she's on soft foods.
You are probably right - but Minnie was very distressed at being separate from the tribe as dusk fell. I feel terrible. Maybe I shouldn't have separated her.
She liked the snack in bed set-up but she does not like being away from the others to roost. She has settled down on the floor as close as she can get to the others rather than using the roost I provided.
:(

You are probably right - but Minnie was very distressed at being separate from the tribe as dusk fell. I feel terrible. Maybe I shouldn't have separated her.
She liked the snack in bed set-up but she does not like being away from the others to roost. She has settled down on the floor as close as she can get to the others rather than using the roost I provided.
:(
I know it's hard but you are doing the right thing.

She'll be so happy once she gets home from her appointment.

I’m angry with Beethov-Hen! My church friend had gifted me with another bag of meally worms. So as I was out treating the chooks, she jumped up on me and spilled the whole bag onto the ground. I salvaged as many as I could, but I could only save 1/2 of the bag! The rest of the worms, were in the grass, in the dirt and all over me! :old:mad::idunno
naughty girl!
Maybe naughty, but smart, LOL!

I am wavering in my resolve to put Minnie in the hospital crate (aka brooder) because I was walking by their yard and saw this.
If ultimately she doesn’t make it I would rather her time was spent like this than locked up. I will have to put her in tonight so I can be sure of getting her to the vet on time, but I think it can wait a bit.

I would definitely not separate her. She's doing great! If her crop is clearing, she may not have a blockage further down. But yes, coconut oil would lubricate further down. She might just be eating little due to molt. Or perhaps she has worms or something. I'm glad you get to take her to the vet! I think it's going to be OK. :love

Back
Top Bottom