Volt and Amp.
These two are Red Rocks, a cross beween a Rhode Island Red and a Plymouth Rock.
They are the most aggressive hens in the group.
Volt, instant aggression but over in a flash.
View attachment 2869150

Amp, just plain mean and chases any more junior hen that upsets her.
View attachment 2869154
The pair. Interestingly, Henry won't have anything to do with either of them and chases them away from the food and the weaker hens.
View attachment 2869153
Interesting for sure!

Lima is improving.
I've been feeding her scrambled eggs which she likes and will eat a reasonable quantity of. It's time consuming because she wont eat much in one go. I've also got three doses of Flubenvet down her. That's time consuming as well. It's been a beakfull at a time spread over a couple of hours each day. She's spending much less time standing around with her eyes closed and head sunk into her breast.
Best of all and terribly heartrending is she has a friend. When she looks most miserable she goes and cuddles up to one of the legbars. I've watched her do this a number of times now and the legbar does not move away as one might expect her to.
Lima spends a great deal of her out time foraging but recently she has come and sat or stand under my chair.
I've been expecting to arrive at the run one morning to find her dead. If today is anything to go by she may just make it.View attachment 2869192
View attachment 2869193
View attachment 2869195
View attachment 2869197View attachment 2869198
Until today all I've seen of Lima's poop is water and unhealthy looking bits and one very yellow cecal poop. This is what she did today and while it's a long way from good, it does at least have solid content and is getting to a more acceptable colour.
View attachment 2869201

View attachment 2869246
YAY, Lima! She (her body language) looks WAY better, in my opinion.

I have spent most of today following Minnie around looking for evidence of poop.
I have now put her in the isolation crate with an ‘all you can eat’ buffet including feed pellets, diced cabbage and beef liver, sunflower seeds, grit rocks, and oyster shell.
I am not sure she actually ate the coconut oil I offered and I didn’t have the heart to force her as the whole crate thing felt stressful.
She rewarded me with this little offering. Not perfect and very small. But at least it is not just clear liquid.
I think I put the picture in a spoiler but it isn’t that disgusting!

View attachment 2869258
Poor Minnie.I’m srry again RC I haven’t mean that the crop shouldn’t empty overnight.I’m srry I couldn’t arrange the sentences properly.I’m really stressed right now so I can’t really explain properly I guess,though I must have to say,her droppings look better if I’m not wrong.

Pepper's less than happy mug for Mugshot Monday
PXL_20211017_063950697.jpg

Oh she was cross with you but this might be an easy break. Especially because she roosted and did not try to make a nest elsewhere. She is mad though.
She was in the nesting box for a few hours this morning without producing an egg but has been out and about free ranging for the rest of the day.

Lima is improving.
I've been feeding her scrambled eggs which she likes and will eat a reasonable quantity of. It's time consuming because she wont eat much in one go. I've also got three doses of Flubenvet down her. That's time consuming as well. It's been a beakfull at a time spread over a couple of hours each day. She's spending much less time standing around with her eyes closed and head sunk into her breast.
Best of all and terribly heartrending is she has a friend. When she looks most miserable she goes and cuddles up to one of the legbars. I've watched her do this a number of times now and the legbar does not move away as one might expect her to.
Lima spends a great deal of her out time foraging but recently she has come and sat or stand under my chair.
I've been expecting to arrive at the run one morning to find her dead. If today is anything to go by she may just make it.View attachment 2869192
View attachment 2869193
View attachment 2869195
Until today all I've seen of Lima's poop is water and unhealthy looking bits and one very yellow cecal poop. This is what she did today and while it's a long way from good, it does at least have solid content and is getting to a more acceptable colour.
View attachment 2869201

View attachment 2869246
Sounds encouraging. You must be doing something right! ☺️👍

Thanks Shad. I have found a vet who will see her on Monday.
I have been following her around all morning. No poop but eating a bit and drinking. But also napping a lot.
I haven’t separated her but I think I will because the others are beginning to bother her.
Three pictures of her in the last ten minutes. She varies from great to terrible.
I wish I could get a vet appointment earlier.
View attachment 2868794View attachment 2868795View attachment 2868797
I'll be waiting for an update. I've been reading but have no answers so was waiting and hoping she will pull through

I hope she improves soon :hugs

Lima is improving.
View attachment 2869193
View attachment 2869195
View attachment 2869201

View attachment 2869246
It's good she has a friend, that's important. Thank goodness she had you I wouldn't know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom