I found this link: https://www.facebook.com/rescuehen/
Battery Hens Rescue Org., USA. It is to their FB page, but I'm not on facebook, and don't know all the in's and outs, so didn't try to 'explore' their page. In other words, no knowledge about the quality of the organization, just that it exists.
Hopefully someone will start up a rescue really soon, it's very much needed.
I'm pleased to say that people here in UK have 2 that I have come across.

Monday mug.

7ECFC27A-53E5-4A76-A2A9-4D496A972886.jpeg

Snow is hanging out with me due to Belle being a near permanent resident of the nesting box still 😅

Shad's in his element. He's really good @ this stuff & gets to organise things as he thinks best 🤣
I was a little unnerved with shad's ways for a while. But more and more I'm getting him now I'd love him nearby and 2 roads down :D:lol:. I feel life would be a lot easier having near but not to close :plbb

Sorry shad but just saying how I used to be and can't help joking.

I'm caught up settling these girls but want to make a list of shad's use of meds.

I was a little unnerved with shad's ways for a while. But more and more I'm getting him now I'd love him nearby and 2 roads down :D:lol:. I feel life would be a lot easier having near but not to close :plbb

Sorry shad but just saying how I used to be and can't help joking.

I'm caught up settling these girls but want to make a list of shad's use of meds.
Shad's worth his weight in bottletops. :plbb You wouldn't be the 1st he's unnerved but once you get to know him he's just a regular marshmellow. ;):hugs

I’m so sad to say that Charlie is dead. :hit I came home this evening and hubby told me he found her dead on the ground. She would have been three in November. Her voice sounded a little different for a day or so and I noticed today I could hear her breathing (through her nostrils, she wasn’t panting). Otherwise she didn’t seem any different. She laid an egg today and squatted for me. We buried her with a sliver of cheese to pay the ferryman and a blueberry for her to snack on for the journey.

I honestly don’t know if I can do this anymore. It’s been nearly a year since we lost Lucy, which it the longest we’ve gone without a death. I’m struggling to do the maintenance required and the meds are making it difficult to care about stuff. I’ll see how I feel in a few days.

As it’s still Monday, I’d like to honour Charlie with Monday Mugshots. RIP my big beautiful bully. :hit

368F2975-F229-4097-B5F6-728A6A2EC8A4.jpeg

83E1397D-3152-4D50-AB89-A25197AF32C9.jpeg

AC2A14C9-E31B-4654-8217-BAA97A9BE258.jpeg

31D7FA35-5E5F-4EF1-8B5B-6FBA70453DB3.jpeg

I’m so sad to say that Charlie is dead. :hit I came home this evening and hubby told me he found her dead on the ground. She would have been three in November. Her voice sounded a little different for a day or so and I noticed today I could hear her breathing (through her nostrils, she wasn’t panting). Otherwise she didn’t seem any different. She laid an egg today and squatted for me. We buried her with a sliver of cheese to pay the ferryman and a blueberry for her to snack on for the journey.

I honestly don’t know if I can do this anymore. It’s been nearly a year since we lost Lucy, which it the longest we’ve gone without a death. I’m struggling to do the maintenance required and the meds are making it difficult to care about stuff. I’ll see how I feel in a few days.

As it’s still Monday, I’d like to honour Charlie with Monday Mugshots. RIP my big beautiful bully. :hit

View attachment 2869772

View attachment 2869773

View attachment 2869774

View attachment 2869775
Oh Lozzy, I’m heartbroken for you :hugs :hugs
Charlie was a beautiful lady, remember the years of joy you had together but grieve her loss.
Gone but not forgotten 💜

Back
Top Bottom