Are you talking about bringing them in at night in winter and out with everyone else during the day? Consider that chickens can have a hard time with temperature swings, I believe I've read here that they will adjust to the outside better if they have a steady temperature, or minimal swings in temperature. I may be misunderstanding you here here, I apologize in advance if so...
I certainly was. It's very difficult circumstance's here. They love the big coop but the other three will not share it's heart breaking.

The small coop is dry and has a little run.
Due to this the bigger girls are locked away from them for a few hours in the upper part of the garden so the they can have the big coop and roam as they please.

Then It's in and out all day for me which is extremely painful in this damp weather I just want them to enjoy life without being harassed.

This moulting and diet business isn't well covered, not just here on BYC where many do not even seem aware that there is a problem, but in chicken studies in general.
To notice of course, you have to observe chickens. There is a clue in there somewhere.
I've ordered avivit this morning. It reads as really good. They will have this in their water by tomorrow afternoon :)

If there's such a thing as a last life these two were both buddies and budgies :love

20211018_140241.jpg

I'm kicking myself because I didn't think to suggest electrolytes.

What sort of scale did you buy? I've been pondering chicken scales lately.

Don't worry about her weight too much RC. She probably just needs fewer treats and more proper chicken food once she's over her health problem.
E863B872-A022-42BF-B66D-9E960ACEDF36.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom