Afi did you see the response from @bgmathteach with the video link attached. I don't know anything about splay leg but that video was informative. The only issue is it seems you need to handle it in the first 24 hours of life so it may be too late for that.
I don't know if I did it right but I think this is the link
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-25020212
I’ve seen all the links provided to help me,the only problem is me,the thing is that pop got splay legs from a week old and from my unattendance he’s still splayed till now.
Eight week old.
Could u believe that he could bring back his beautiful legs by suffering the childhood leg damage that had grown even more by 7 weeks?
The bandage I put on him will probably be useless as the tiny yogurt cup,hobble,toilet paper can and others I tried as well.Saturday is the last day for the bandage to reveal what it’s really doing inside,Sunday’s our flight to Dubai and there’s no chance I’m taking by opening it early,I’m giving it the best to hand feed him.
P.s the aviary vet I took him to said there was nothing wrong about his weight and diet,he said his legs will heal anyway,and that’s when I knew that vet was inexperienced,in fact that he did not know about splay legs at all.I’ve been troubling with Pop for weeks to make him thrive and the vet’s saying the leg will heal?i don’t really think he expected me to make pop suffer and thrive for months,I don’t know what to do.I hope pop’s gonna be ok.

Last edited:
I’ve seen all the links provided to help me,the only problem is me,the thing is that pop got splay legs from a week old and from my unattendance he’s still splayed till now.
Eight week old.
Could u believe that he could bring back his beautiful legs by suffering the childhood leg damage that had grown even more by 7 weeks?
The bandage I put on him will probably be useless as the tiny yogurt cup,hobble,toilet paper can and others I tried as well.Saturday is the last day for the bandage to reveal what it’s really doing inside,Sunday’s our flight to Dubai and there’s no chance I’m taking by opening it early,I’m giving it the best to hand feed him.
P.s the aviary vet I took him to said there was nothing wrong about his weight and diet,he said his legs will heal anyway,and that’s when I knew that vet was inexperienced,in fact that he did not know about splay legs at all.I’ve been troubling with Pop for weeks to make him thrive and the vet’s saying the leg will heal?I don’t know what to do.I hope pop’s gonna be ok.
I’m sorry I’m going too far,I’m not appreciating any of the help You all are providing and even worse I seem like the offend the hard work of the aviary vets but the case is completely different.Thank you all for your help,and I don’t think there’s anything else to do but hope Pop’s leg will be OK.

Off to take a little nap before going to work. Loading out Phish tonight 11pm-3am, have to leave about 10 to make sure I can find parking and be at work on time.

Tried to get some pictures at dinner time, but everyone was a little excited and kept dashing about.
20211020_200516.jpg
20211020_200410.jpg
20211020_200322.jpg

Look at her, sitting up there, happy as can be! What a wonderful chicken.
Kiko is definitely a wonderful chicken! She loves perching on my shoulder and following me around everywhere, she's brought a lot fo joy into my life 💕

Aww, she’s adorable and looks quite content on your shoulder!
My shoulder is her second favorite place to perch, the top of my head is her first... but I try not to let her do that 🤣

She thinks you are special too :love
Awww, thanks @Marie2020, that is very sweet of you to say!

Back
Top Bottom