Nice to meet you. I'm in Hershey. Are you in Washington, PA?
Thanks, we are a bit further north than that, closer to the outlets, really. :)

Our next challenge is going to be surviving the winter. We built the coop over 200 ft from the house... too far for electricity. My husband has assured me he will bring out (and take in) fresh water daily. Not that you asked, lol, but in case you were wondering :lau

Our next challenge is going to be surviving the winter. We built the coop over 200 ft from the house... too far for electricity. My husband has assured me he will bring out (and take in) fresh water daily. Not that you asked, lol, but in case you were wondering :lau
Welcome too fluffy butts.

You have found the right place. :)

Both of these were on the watch list. The Red Sex Link has improved a lot and I hope now all she has to deal with is the moulting. She got a course of Flubenvet for the worms and a course of Coxiod because it was either or her lookalike that was showing blood spots in their poop. I could only narrow it down to the pair of them so they both got treated.
View attachment 2879116View attachment 2879117
This is Copy. She had crop problems, possibly because of worms. We've dealt with the worms and she seems more comfortable but her crop is still not quite right. From what I can feel there is a lump that isn't breaking up and I think it ends up blocking the exit from her crop when her crop is full, but not all the time. My feeling is that whatever it is may float when she drinks a lot which she has been. She's not quite comfortable with being caught in daylight which is good but inconvenient. I can get her at night, which I have but the has feathers growing right around the crop so massage isn't really an option.
View attachment 2879118
That's a tricky situation with Copy. What approach will you take?

If he starts getting tired of all the hauling, suggest a solar panel mounted out there for a heated waterer.

View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.
This has always been how I've always treated my birds! Love seeing more people like this. If you treat them well enough, they become just as friendly as say a cat would!

Back
Top Bottom