Did they like the water? Ya think 🤔 I don’t think chickens would like water that much.
Just in case, NO chickens do not like water and while they may paddle like mad to save their lives, they can't swim and while I'm at it they can't fly either. Yes I know they can get off the ground and jump into trees. I can do that, just not as well.

Cat deterrent: Well, you could get a mean dog (Who hates cats) then to get rid of the dog, you’ll need a lion or tiger, and to remove either of those, you will need an elephant. After that, all you would need is a mouse to remove the elephant. But to remove the mouse…. Get a cat 🐈‍⬛. :confused:
I know…. I’m not helping :oops:
:gig

I have had a really good young man coming to my home doing various work outside. He's had a fear of chickens since he was young but started to like my Tina and Agatha.

He's just dropped in to fix a perch for me and surprised me when he said that he started to take too my two girls.

He's about to get a property in the same road as myself and said he now wants chickens. We spoke of various ways and he now wants too adopt battery chickens. I can't tell you how happy this has made me, him going from fear to now wanting chickens :love
If he's new to chickens and has a heart to break, battery hens will do it.
Tell him to look for some healthy independent hens from a farm somewhere.
Keeping battery chickens requires quite a lot of knowldege if you're to avoid huge vet bills and the knowledge of when to call it a day and put an end to the chicken. It's not stuff for beginners imo.

Little Coco is setting on two eggs, and refuses to move off them. (Yes, In the most used box of them all) broody? I’m not sure about that! :confused: F6819898-5820-4317-A170-06CD431EF216.jpeg

Little Coco is setting on two eggs, and refuses to move off them. (Yes, In the most used box of them all) broody? I’m not sure about that! :confused: View attachment 2880114
If she’s going to stay there that way, I better bring in the cable TV and mini fridge for her to enjoy! :th:D

I think she is asking about a heated waterer. This is what I use. My friend JD uses it and I think @RoyalChick uses it as well.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/farm-innovators-heated-poultry-fount
Yes. I got the same one. When it breaks, as it inevitably will I imagine, I think I would like to get one with the horizontal nipples.
Observing Maggie up close it is amazing to me how much of her wattles she dunks in the water as she drinks. That is brilliant in summer to cool her off, but may not be such a great strategy in winter. Although it is just possible that the design of that waterer prevents her from doing the full head dunk method. I will have to observe her once I switch over which I will do as soon as the temps start going well below freezing.

Of course you did. How many outlets do they have? One on each wall? Minnie needs one to plug in her blender for those worm smoothies.
Nooo! I have none in the Princesses part of the Chicken Palace. Only in the servant's quarters and one on the outside wall which turns out to be useful for a bunch of non-chicken related projects.
The power cord for the waterer goes under the door separating Princesses from Servants.

Back
Top Bottom