Cross my fingers.:confused:
If she can stay alive another week I'll be able to do something more constructive.
I know massaging with pin feathers may be uncomfortable but isn't it treating the most important thing?
I worried about that with Minnie but decided that the crop could kill her but as long as I didn't break any blood feathers that the massaging pin feathers would just be uncomfortable. And as it turned out she liked the massage even though she was porcupine like.
What I was careful not to do was move feathers relative to skin. I really pummeled the crop so the movement of skin and feathers was not a lot really. Hard to describe.

If he's new to chickens and has a heart to break, battery hens will do it.
Tell him to look for some healthy independent hens from a farm somewhere.
Keeping battery chickens requires quite a lot of knowldege if you're to avoid huge vet bills and the knowledge of when to call it a day and put an end to the chicken. It's not stuff for beginners imo.
He seems too have fallen for this breed of chicken. It's funny he used too pale at the very thought of being near a chicken at all but he likes these "little brown ones" as he puts it. :)

Just in case, NO chickens do not like water and while they may paddle like mad to save their lives, they can't swim and while I'm at it they can't fly either. Yes I know they can get off the ground and jump into trees. I can do that, just not as well.
Please can we see a video of you jumping into trees?
:lau

Yes. I got the same one. When it breaks, as it inevitably will I imagine, I think I would like to get one with the horizontal nipples.
Observing Maggie up close it is amazing to me how much of her wattles she dunks in the water as she drinks. That is brilliant in summer to cool her off, but may not be such a great strategy in winter. Although it is just possible that the design of that waterer prevents her from doing the full head dunk method. I will have to observe her once I switch over which I will do as soon as the temps start going well below freezing.
23F3AE88-E2A9-41B0-ABCB-8302FAB90E84.gif

He seems too have fallen for this breed of chicken. It's funny he used too pale at the very thought of being near a chicken at all but he likes these "little brown ones" as he puts it. :)
I completely understand. I think the Red Sex Links are absolutely gorgeous. It's not just the looks, which I'm fond of because they still look like chickens, it's they seem to be unusually friendly.
The Catalan tribes are complete savages by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom