I found out that Porterville municipal airport is socketed in with fog. But I’m coming back home anyways. I’m cleared to land (not VFR like I wanted, but my Marie is flying great, and I’m clear using instruments. I’m pretty sure that no one is out on the runway anyways. ) If I ever make the news, it won’t be because of a crash! Even my mountain flying time has assured me of the new rating! Yay. :D:cool:
:ducyou are naughty flying in the fog.

Be safe precious :hugs

Bob just my penny's worth please don't be upset because I'm speaking my mind.

On the whole people treat chickens like filth without feelings. I know a farmer who raises cattle for meat.
While this cattle lives they have freedom and a really good life, they even have special treats for them and shelter they are sheltered when it's cold.
Most chickens will never have the life these cattle have.

You gave them everything and some.
More importantly too them besides food they have had their freedom, at the same time you've protected them as much as possible.

We can't stop nature as much as we would like too at times, we are not God. I think given the choice if you could ask your chickens do they want freedom or to be locked up 24/7 to be perfectly safe I honestly think they'd say freedom and the right too choose

I let my girls out yesterday because there's a little sun, it's cold but they like being out.
My neighbour looked out and got them in at 4pm because for the first time in weeks I went out and found another old friend while I was coming home.

We all have too live and life, unfortunately living it can be risky but rather than being locked up I will take a risk and live my life

:hugs:love
I appreciate that Marie. Please be certain that I'm not upset with you for for speaking your mind. However, the risk is not reasonable right now. They are being hunted by a very clever predator against which they have no defense. The complex is large and roomy. They spent all winter in it last year. They will be ok for a while.

Are you as fast as a hawk -- I don't believe you are.

I have a hawk that perches on the top rail of the run.

Thank God I have a cover over the top.
I have a rifle with scope, that’s a lot faster than any hawk. (Just saying) Thankfully there are very few aerial predators here. And yes, I am full aware of the laws regarding killing them.

Last edited:
Bob just my penny's worth please don't be upset because I'm speaking my mind.

On the whole people treat chickens like filth without feelings. I know a farmer who raises cattle for meat.
While this cattle lives they have freedom and a really good life, they even have special treats for them and shelter they are sheltered when it's cold.
Most chickens will never have the life these cattle have.

You gave them everything and some.
More importantly too them besides food they have had their freedom, at the same time you've protected them as much as possible.

We can't stop nature as much as we would like too at times, we are not God. I think given the choice if you could ask your chickens do they want freedom or to be locked up 24/7 to be perfectly safe I honestly think they'd say freedom and the right too choose

I let my girls out yesterday because there's a little sun, it's cold but they like being out.
My neighbour looked out and got them in at 4pm because for the first time in weeks I went out and found another old friend while I was coming home.

We all have too live and life, unfortunately living it can be risky but rather than being locked up I will take a risk and live my life

:hugs:love

AMEN!!!!!

Talk all you want about me being naughty, I wait in anticipation for Santa to fill my stocking up with coal. I’m almost out of fuel for my potbelly stove! :gig
Find damaged trees and chop some wood or pay young lads that could do with some money to do it for you ;)

Thankfully I have a lovely lad that is caring and providing for his partner and her child. He's so grateful for the small amount I pay him. He's helped me tremendously with my chickens coop and stopped the mice getting in.

He wants so much to pass his driving test but the test has been cancelled because of these restrictions we keep having :(
I wish I could help him. He's so kind and wants too help me to get too a place to research my ancestors but with no pass that's impossible

Back
Top Bottom