BLANCHE IS GONE 💔
My best girl Blanche didn’t return from foraging on Saturday evening.
I knew right away it was bad news as she never does that. I took the dogs and searched our whole property but not a sign.
There were no particular tell-tale feathers I could discern, either, especially since all three white birds have been molting and the coop, run, and backyard area are littered with white feathers.
I can’t even describe my emotional state of mind.View attachment 2921002View attachment 2921003View attachment 2921012View attachment 2921013
💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
:hugs

Hmmm, is he protecting his ladies? What motivated him to attack the hawk?
As I wrote above, to make sense of the video one needs to see the events before the attack. I would place a bet that protecting his ladies wasn't what the attack was about.
No? But the hawk was flying toward a group of hens and the rooster met him where he landed, didn’t he?

In the US, a kid can take a firearm to school if his parents but it for him. What a sad state of affairs. Not trying to get political, just a quick comment on current events.
Tax (Broody Millie after I took her out of the nest box last year).
Is Millie packing a pistol under those feathers? :confused:

BLANCHE IS GONE 💔
My best girl Blanche didn’t return from foraging on Saturday evening.
I knew right away it was bad news as she never does that. I took the dogs and searched our whole property but not a sign.
There were no particular tell-tale feathers I could discern, either, especially since all three white birds have been molting and the coop, run, and backyard area are littered with white feathers.
I can’t even describe my emotional state of mind.View attachment 2921002View attachment 2921003View attachment 2921012View attachment 2921013
💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
Oh no!
I am holding out hope she returns, but in the meantime just :hugs :hugs :hugs

I do wish the people who record these videos would include the vital bit before the rooster attacks.
All the important information is in the time before the rooster attacks, not the fight itself.:he
Well if you scroll back to the start of the video you do see a few seconds before the rooster attacks. You can see the hawk flying down towards a group of hens (I assume) and the rooster racing to get there before it lands.

Hmmm, is he protecting his ladies? What motivated him to attack the hawk?
As I wrote above, to make sense of the video one needs to see the events before the attack. I would place a bet that protecting his ladies wasn't what the attack was about.
It looks like what motivates him was the hawk flying down towards a group of hens.

Back
Top Bottom