4A2873C4-B819-4BF1-940B-8387B62AA4F1.jpeg
266A56E8-19CB-4DEE-86E2-B16DAEB0B535.jpeg
Vanilla has ALL the ladies.

Nope! Too Windy

It was pretty warm here by recent standards with the temperature above freezing. That's right, 8°F Sunday morning, 33°F today. The ladies were out and since it was warm I took them a cabbage.

Of course that is when the wind kicked up, the temp started to drop and snow arrived. 🤦‍♂️

@Ribh, @micstrachan, @MaryJanet, @Aussie-Chookmum, @ChicoryBlue, @LozzyR, @Chicken poppy
Know that story! Did u get any of the miserable weather it seems the NE of this continent is experiencing?

I was poking a little at you but I really was not upset by the timing of your reply. I hope you are doing OK at this point. :hugs :hugs

Here is the hawk alert, you have to listen close. It's Aurora making the sound. I think this is what everyone thinks is happening in the coop. But you can see everyone is frozen by Aurora's call in this video and as you pointed out, they are not standing still in the coop.

I'm still going with warning call in the coop video. The body language does not look like a bunch of contented Fluffy Butt Acres chickens. This is not your normal coop behavior for FBA. Everyone does indeed stand still, until Sidney has some doubts and moves at about 30 seconds briefly. She then is still again for another 20 seconds, as a dutiful hen should be. She might be thinking, "Jeez, this is weird, we are fine in here and I don't see anything, what's going on?" But she settles down to be still. Aurora is still and does not preen until the very end, at about 1:15. Phyllis is very still the whole time. Maybe she's napping but I doubt it.
Could anyone hear the sound Queenie made in the video I posted? It was similar but it isn't easy to hear. She was alert and still while I moved around and talked to her, not responsive and interested as usual. There was something going on.

Back
Top Bottom