Thanks. She’s acting fine, but was off last weekend. She was lethargic and constantly adjusting her crop. However, she was fine the next day and has been ever since. I don’t mean to be dramatic, just sharing the photos so I know I’m not imagining it. 🤣
Yes her pupils are unequal but not overly so, as long as she is eating and drinking, I would just make sure she is warm and dry.

Can I ask what 'adjusting her crop' looks like, being new to chickens I have no idea what that means.

Just checking my barn cams and the chickies all snug and sleeping.

The horses not so much. Silly Sally decided to break loose, I yelled at her over the camera 'get back in your stall'. Good Sally went back into her stall and stood like a good gal 😊.

Wish I had taken a video clip of it! Wish the chickens listened as well!

Ok time to go dig out of all this snow...

Yes her pupils are unequal but not overly so, as long as she is eating and drinking, I would just make sure she is warm and dry.

Can I ask what 'adjusting her crop' looks like, being new to chickens I have no idea what that means.
Mostly it looks like yawning - they stick their head up and open their beaks and sometimes shake their head and neck a bit.
When Minnie had an impacted crop she got more extreme and in the night would be flinging her head around - almost like 'bashing your head against a brick wall' - presumably in an effort to clear her crop. But I have only seen that the one time and I knew she was blocked and was massaging her crop every morning with coconut oil to break it up.

Back
Top Bottom