Watching your chickens too much can lead to issues

For example, sometimes you just see weird stuff. I just watched Hattie sit like this for a couple of minutes. Weird right? She is walking around just fine right now.

View attachment 2964803

@Ribh, @micstrachan, @MaryJanet, @Aussie-Chookmum, @ChicoryBlue, @LozzyR, @Chicken poppy
Looks like she needed a "time out"? 😆
Alternatively, it was the darkest spot and close to the group.
A tiny sleep mask would be useful, just sayin'.....

Baby just came up on the porch and bawked until I came outside. She has learned well and wanted treats. Since she braved the snow to get to the front porch she got her own hotdog bun. She just turned 4 months old and in the last week her comb and wattles have taken off and getting redder. This girl is really on track to lay that first egg between the 5 to 5 1/2 month old mark like so many of my hens have. Corona on the other hand, turns 5 months old today, and still has no comb or wattle development to talk about. Today is also a bittersweet day, Drumstick has been gone for 5 months. It really does not seem like he has been gone that long.
Drumstick was a very special rooster, that's for sure. 💘

What breed is Ivy? Picture?
She doesn't have one breed, she's just Ivy.

Not sure if this photo has the right angle for showing the shape of her pupil because I don't have my specs on, but at least it shows her eye!

IMG_2021-11-28-07-27-23-272.jpg

Drumstick was a very handsome boy. :love His son is, also.:love I hope his offsping has the good personality, too. It is always so hard when you lose a good roo! I love watching them look after their ladies. My Randy was soooo good to the ladies - always alert, tidbitting, and sweet to them, too. I am sorry for your loss...they leave a hole in your heart AND in the flock!:hugs:hugs:hugs
Very well put, thank you, that speaks for me too.

The music is perfect! Did it take long to choose or did you have it in mind?
I did not have anything in mind. I started surfing and found it. It seems to line up very well. When I added it, it seemed perfect. It took maybe 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom