I love this post. Thanks for sharing your well reasoned thoughts.

There is no free range right now. They won't come out onto the snow. As long as there is snow, they will live in the complex. I doubt they will ever free range unsupervised again. As you said how will I know there are no hawks. I can never be sure again.
I hear you there, I too won't be letting my gang free roam anymore.

I love this post. Thanks for sharing your well reasoned thoughts.

There is no free range right now. They won't come out onto the snow. As long as there is snow, they will live in the complex. I doubt they will ever free range unsupervised again. As you said how will I know there are no hawks. I can never be sure again.
So if I can't be sure and can't leave them unsupervised no matter what, why not feed the song birds. 🤷‍♂️

BFTP:
What? @BY Bob, where is your sense of high adventure and exhilarating but manageable danger?
Harrison Ford Indiana Jones painting movie poster | Canvas print for sale

I mean, really, rear wheel vehicles were the norm for almost a century ......
just sayin'🤷‍♀️
Tax:
jones_dickbutt-940x433.png
I did that in my past and I have grown wiser. 😆 🤣

I like a little danger but on my terms. 😆

Special Treat

January is a special month at FBA, it is birthday month. Both Mrs BY Bob and me celebrate our birthdays in January. In ccelebration we went out to breakfast and both ordered Eggs Benedict. They were amazing but e did not finish them. That makes for a lucky day for the chickens because who else would we share with?

Leftovers
View attachment 2967017

I diced everything up into bite sized pieces.
View attachment 2967018

And created 2 very nice plates for the ladies to enjoy.

View attachment 2967019

Then I delivered their special breakfast.

Frankly I was a little underwhelmed by their response. I think they must have been full when I showed up. I am sure that they finished it all off this afternoon.

@Ribh, @micstrachan, @MaryJanet, @Aussie-Chookmum, @ChicoryBlue, @LozzyR, @Chicken poppy
Happy Birthday GIF

Special Treat

January is a special month at FBA, it is birthday month. Both Mrs BY Bob and me celebrate our birthdays in January. In ccelebration we went out to breakfast and both ordered Eggs Benedict. They were amazing but e did not finish them. That makes for a lucky day for the chickens because who else would we share with?

Leftovers
View attachment 2967017

I diced everything up into bite sized pieces.
View attachment 2967018

And created 2 very nice plates for the ladies to enjoy.

View attachment 2967019

Then I delivered their special breakfast.

Frankly I was a little underwhelmed by their response. I think they must have been full when I showed up. I am sure that they finished it all off this afternoon.

@Ribh, @micstrachan, @MaryJanet, @Aussie-Chookmum, @ChicoryBlue, @LozzyR, @Chicken poppy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GUYS!
1642737093471.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom