They will work it out & it didn't look too vicious to me. Just Phyllis asserting her place as number 1.
I also thought it was mild but then I'm used to Peggy who chases Mary down for a thrashing. Mary has been free ranging all day while Peggy transitions out of being broody in the run.

Oh Lozzy. I can't understand why you can't get her normal flora reset. That must be so troubling. :hugs :hugs
I’ve been putting probiotics in the water but it just doesn’t seem like it’s doing anything. The other two are fine (well, Tegan is STILL broody but will get herself up and come running up the yard).

I’ve been putting probiotics in the water but it just doesn’t seem like it’s doing anything. The other two are fine (well, Tegan is STILL broody but will get herself up and come running up the yard).
Makes me wonder if there might be an underlying problem Loz.

Mine do. I wouldn’t make it their only food obviously but they sure love the meat. I have no hope of finding it now but I did once post a video of mine devouring a beef curry that was left over from some event at work and was just going to be thrown out.
Ok then, tomorrow's curry goat and lamb may end up chicken Chow 😁

Nope, me neither.

River is sick again. 😭 I’m still trying to clear the gunk in her throat, but the last two days she has been very subdued, napping standing up and not interested in any food that wasn’t oats. I’m going to get some baby bird food into her tonight for some nutrients, but maybe she’s got another infection. That’s the reason we’re getting frizzle bantams; if she dies and I lose another in quick succession, I’ll have one left on her own and I’ve had a lonely hen before.
Oh dear think positively, how old is this wee lady? How you tried scrambled eggs for nutrition, also I know this sounds counter intuitive but dirt has microbes that can be beneficial to natural flora and fauna of the system.

Sure hope she improves - the wee gal 💖

Try clucking like a hen, then your roo might pay more attention to you!

All mine wants to do these days is attack me, we just had a brawl, man alive! He hit my knee and it hurt! Then he attacked my hand then when I was walking he again attacked. I grabbed what I could, ended up being his tail, and hung on for dear life - I was going to win at least one time!

Once he stopped trying to escape I pulled the rooster tactic of holding him down until he said Uncle...

We now have an uneasy truce...

I hate to get rid of a nice looking bird but I have too many kids around here and he is a big bird he could easily hurt a small child, heck he hurt little old me!
Shadrach wrote a really detailed article on roosters; maybe there is something in there that could help you with your boy.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/understanding-your-rooster.75056/

Oh dear think positively, how old is this wee lady? How you tried scrambled eggs for nutrition, also I know this sounds counter intuitive but dirt has microbes that can be beneficial to natural flora and fauna of the system.

Sure hope she improves - the wee gal 💖
She’s about three; the only hen I’ve ever had that lived longer was one of my original ISA Browns, who was almost five. Thanks for reminding me about scrambled egg, I’ll try her with that this morning.

Back
Top Bottom