Try clucking like a hen, then your roo might pay more attention to you!

All mine wants to do these days is attack me, we just had a brawl, man alive! He hit my knee and it hurt! Then he attacked my hand then when I was walking he again attacked. I grabbed what I could, ended up being his tail, and hung on for dear life - I was going to win at least one time!

Once he stopped trying to escape I pulled the rooster tactic of holding him down until he said Uncle...

We now have an uneasy truce...

I hate to get rid of a nice looking bird but I have too many kids around here and he is a big bird he could easily hurt a small child, heck he hurt little old me!
You may need to rehome him. If he’s that aggressive, that’s not a good thing! :old:(

Phyllis may find high perches are a great way to deal with the other hens when she's hanging with them during the day. Safe but in proximity. Phyllis on the run door reminded me of a recent video with her perching up high in the Fluffy B. coop during the day too.
She roosted midday today to rest and digest. I assume she likes them. 👍

While it can be nerve-wracking, they did just meet. Give Phyllis a week to accept her, and I am sure they will at least be cordial (chicken cordial, that is, if not friendly) Remember, Phyllis did 'warm up' to the girls, and they were younger, so of course Phyllis would put them in their place!

Can you add a second feeder...maybe the one you attached the rabbit bottle clamp to...so that there is a second feeder far enough away that they can both eat at the same time?

That said, other than the first peck/attack, the rest of the ruckus seemed to be Betty wanting to avoid Phyllis, but not sure where to go...just darting behind her and squawking.

Deep breath, 🧘‍♂️patience, and time.🕰️ ..all will be well in the🪶 feather 🪶kingdom!❤️❤️❤️
There are 2 complete feeding and water stations in the coop and run.

Good grief they made short work of that cabbage! Normally a whole cabbage lasts 3-4 days.
I think in the winter they are missing green stuff. They even ate a bit of left over broccoli which normally they despise.
View attachment 2972407
A cabbage barely makes 2 days here. You're doing well. 😆

Try clucking like a hen, then your roo might pay more attention to you!

All mine wants to do these days is attack me, we just had a brawl, man alive! He hit my knee and it hurt! Then he attacked my hand then when I was walking he again attacked. I grabbed what I could, ended up being his tail, and hung on for dear life - I was going to win at least one time!

Once he stopped trying to escape I pulled the rooster tactic of holding him down until he said Uncle...

We now have an uneasy truce...

I hate to get rid of a nice looking bird but I have too many kids around here and he is a big bird he could easily hurt a small child, heck he hurt little old me!
I don't know if he would reply but you could try Private Messaging Shadrach. He might be able to help you reach an agreement with your pretty boy.

Back
Top Bottom