I could not deal with that. 🥶

No, that's wrong. I could but I would dislike it greatly.

Weather tax
20220125_083808.jpg

Last edited:
In the past few days I was finally able to place all 4 of my extra cockerels. I even ended up placing Coco as in the past 2 weeks it had been a all out war between him and Branch and Bubba. Now it is time for some chicken math. With everyone I have left as keepers, I have a total of 22. 19 hens/pullets and 3 cockerels as none of my boys are yet a year old. I will not count the 5 eggs that got placed in the incubator last night until any hatch. What I would love to get from those eggs is 1 more buff pullet to keep. But with my odds what are the chances of that happening. To top it off, while 22 seems like a lot, if I wanted to get NPIP certified for my state I would need at least 30 breeding adults.

I have officially lost my mind (feel free to keep your opinion on that to yourself!).
I put Dotty back in the Chicken Palace. I inspected around her vent for nasties and apart from being skin and bones I didn't see any creepy crawlies. I only saw a few pin feathers which is a tad worrying.
But then, when I went in with her, Maggie rushed the door again and stood on the sheet ice in the driveway pecking at snow and ice chips. Their waterer did not freeze so I think it is just she likes eating ice chips.
So, what did I do? Crazy chicken lady that I am? I got the snow shovel and delivered a shovel full of snow and ice into the Chicken Palace.
And yes, Maggie is feasting on it!

E89F1C4E-1A6C-4E55-A9A4-E6B78B0C0D10.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom