Good night fluffy butts.

20220127_141116.jpg

Rub a Dub Dub

We have been chatting about when chickens feel most vulnerable, roosting time for example. I also think that dust bath time is another. So imagine my joy when Betty decided to take a bath today. I was watching on the camera when she walked over to it and dug a hole right in front of it. This will be the closest dust bathing video you might ever see. She was still bathing after 1/2 an hour. She must be feeling pretty dirty. 😆

That’s cool!

Poor Tina has been in pain but she's eating and after I cleaned her bottom today and oiled her this is what she passed. :(

View attachment 2975892

I think the medicated feed had a bad effect on her but I may be wrong
Poor girl, what is the medicated feed for?
It does remind me of my ISA Penny’s eggs as she reached the end of her laying career.

My prefab has been chugging along for five years now. It's needed a little help every now and then but otherwise serves its purpose.

My main complaint is the way they're advertised. Mine is allegedly suitable for six chickens. It can house two, tops.

And if you're thinking of 8-12 hens like I am, most of the prefabs are too small.
Yes, agreed. The current one is the same as yours MJ and 2 is it’s limit comfortably.

Prefab can work fine if you understand the limitations, plan your tribe accordingly and keep them up by painting them, etc. My friend JD has used a prefab for 3 chickens for maybe 4 or 5 years now. It's all about being smart and deliberate.
Yes. When we lost Bok and you guys suggested I get another 1-2 to add to my 2 pullets, this was the reason I couldn’t. 3 in the current prefab was pushing it beyond what was comfortable and was weighing on my mind already.
If this new one ever arrives I might be able to add 1-2 in time, will judge that once I see it in person size wise 👍🏻

Ok, I feel better about it now, thank you. I’m glad my math to coop size ratio has been humane.

Back
Top Bottom