I'm worried how too deal with this on Tina

I've seen her plucking her own feathers now there's a gap.

No access to vets can someone give me a little direction please.
20220129_115509.jpg

I'm worried how too deal with this on Tina

I've seen her plucking her own feathers now there's a gap.

No access to vets can someone give me a little direction please. View attachment 2976475
Oh dear my silkie did this and now she is sitting with her sister in their shared nest box working hard at hatching out golf balls.

Might she be going broody?

🤣

We may be forced to admit a tie.

Tsuki's new feathers after a big moult.
View attachment 2976392

What do other Fluffy Butters think? 😉
I remember this photo. She was quite pretty with a lovely bum.

How about a camouflage one? Do you have any white on white photos of Tsuki?
20171215_210351.jpg

Cats always look like drowned rats when you wash them 😁

Mine got sprayed by a skunk last Summer, three washings to get rid of the smell and she is long haired. Afterwards her coat was amazingly soft and silky tempting me to wash her weekly hahaha.

Caturday capture:

View attachment 2976430
What a lovely kitty! 🥰

It sure is nippy here it's -26c (-15F), inside the barn it is around -15c (20F). I was holding my 15 week old pullet Dorothy and noted she was just shivering all the chicks have completed their first adolescent molt and their feathers are pretty much all in.

I am worried that it's too cold for these kiddos, anyone have any suggestions to help them warm up? I am thinking of getting an infrared heater at the hardware store, I hate using heating equipment in the barn but worry about cold stress with the gang.

My two broody silkies are in their nest box and I put my cozy hen heater panel in front of the nest box for them, so I am thinking they are ok.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom