Same with tomato plants - told leaves toxic to chickens. I turn my back for 20min and come back to all four tomato plants not a leaf on them! Just the tomatoes hahHah
Mine would eat the tomatoes! Though they never eat the plants! 🍅 🍅 🍅 🍅

Last edited:
So, hubby was gone for the weekend...came home a bit ago, exhausted. Laid down on top of bed petting dog. I got a chicken towel and the baby goslings.......'honey, snuggle with these guys, too'. Not right now (as he is half sleeping, scratching behind the dog's ears)

Well, I have a confession to make...blah, blah, blah...
He frowns....
I say, well, that is why I want you to bond with them...so they are good to you AND protect the chickens from hawks, too!

He mumbles something under his breath..

Two minutes later, he is gently caressing the gosling's neck, who promptly falls asleep against his finger. Slight grin on his face.
:wee:wee:wee

I did have to promise that if they got aggressive, they would become someones goose dinner......but that was pretty much a given in my mind anyways. Which is why I am trying extra hard to get them to bond to him...to insure that they don't become aggressive to him. (well, in as much as you can with animals, anyways!)View attachment 3109389View attachment 3109392View attachment 3109394
You are a good one. Look at you working the system to your benefit. 😆

Well I got the stalls cleaned, water done, hay down, the window out and half-arse done (chicken wire and mosquito mesh up), sprayed weeds (we shall see if Scott's weed be gone works). But I didn't get the grass mowed ☹️.

I think I might take a few vacation days Thursday and Friday.... If it doesn't rain!
That's a pretty good days work. :thumbsup:thumbsup Don't be too hard on yourself.

I just made a vet appointment for tomorrow morning for Minnie (assuming she lasts that long). I doubt the vet will be able to help - I am a big fan of hers and she has chickens herself, but she is not specifically an avian vet and I don't think many people bring in chickens (at least not judging by the celebrity status that Bernadette has with the clinic staff!), so her experience base is limited.
I can't believe how fast these creatures go off. She was absolutely fine all day yesterday - I spent a fair bit of time inside the Chicken Palace because I was constructing the ground floor apartment for the Hooligans and I took lots of breaks sitting out with the big Princesses as they foraged around outside.
Late - when it was almost dark - I thought she looked a bit fluffed up on the roost - but not enough to cause alarm and frankly everyone was heads well tucked in I think because of all the rukus the Hooligans were making when it was well past bedtime.
You know as well as I, chickens are pretty good at hiding illnesses, so don't go second guessing yourself.

I will look for an update tomorrow 💖

Back
Top Bottom