I imagined them knocking on the door the other way round. Knocking to get back to their customary roosting place.

@RoyalChick let them in. Especially as B climbed up there. I'd let them come and go until they decide to join the big girls roost.
I've missed something here... :th

So open it & let them roost with the big girls. 🤣
No, no. You don't understand. They are asking to be let into the brooder which is now occupied by Minnie who seems to be at death's door.
They are out on their penthouse observation deck which is just a short flight to the big girl's roosting for Lulu or Bella (or Dotty for that matter) but I don't think Bernadette can make it (I may be wrong).
They seem to be settling down on the doorstep of the brooder and even if Minnie dies in the night I won't let them back into the brooder box - it is time they moved out of the nursery.

I have Dakota in with me (running the A/C) say hello Dakota! :frow 5D898F83-01AE-4341-A2B2-3751F63EAA7B.jpeg

No, no. You don't understand. They are asking to be let into the brooder which is now occupied by Minnie who seems to be at death's door.
They are out on their penthouse observation deck which is just a short flight to the big girl's roosting for Lulu or Bella (or Dotty for that matter) but I don't think Bernadette can make it (I may be wrong).
They seem to be settling down on the doorstep of the brooder and even if Minnie dies in the night I won't let them back into the brooder box - it is time they moved out of the nursery.
Yes, I miunderstood. I'm so sorry about Minnie. :hugs

I imagined them knocking on the door the other way round. Knocking to get back to their customary roosting place.

@RoyalChick let them in. Especially as B climbed up there. I'd let them come and go until they decide to join the big girls roost.
Yes they will learn to follow the others.

I just found wee Marty up on the high roost on-top of one of the nest boxes. I didn't think she could get up there as she has been roosting on the ground nest box at night.

She learned to follow the big ladies up there I guess! Of course she can't fly worth 💩 so I removed her and put her back in the ground roost.

Your wee ones and Bernadette will learn also, they will get to a point were they just want to belong.

MJ has it right - they are trying to get back to their nursery. But I don't want to let them in because I think Minnie needs the peace and quiet and I really want to wean them off sleeping in the nursery.
I think where they are is actually ideal if they would just stop hammering on the door and disturbing Minnie. Hopefully that will stop soon as it is now fully dark although they tend to be noisy wrigglers throughout the night.

Back
Top Bottom