Well we got some news about one of grandma's medications she has been on for years. When she had her first mild stroke about 5 years ago that thankfully left no side effects they put her on Plavix. She has been on the highest dose since the beginning. When we finally got to see her neurologist 2 1/2 weeks ago now he was surprised to find out she had been on that dose for so long and still had another stroke, along with the plague build-up in the arteries of her brain. He ordered a blood test because he said it was rare, only about 10% of the population have a genetic propensity to be resistant to Plavix. She had the test done and we went back today and found out that yup, she is one of those 10%. She has absolutely zero response to the drug. There is a new drug that works just like Plavix, but has not been involved with a study with Plavix so it is not the first thing that is tried. We have to get a PA for the insurance to approve it but hopefully by Wednesday she can start that new medication. It is a chance, but we now know that Plavix does nothing for her. Oh and this gene thing is hereditary, so if in the future me and mom ever have to go on Plavix we would have to be first tested to see if we would respond.
Hey thanks for sharing - very useful. Hope your gran finds a med that works.

That’s what weeds are - wildflowers in the wrong place. So declare it a wildflower meadow and let them do their thing.
I would bit by mid summer it's dry and a fire hazard when I need to drive the truck to the barn. More than one grass fire has been started with a hot muffler igniting dry grass 😲

Also cutting it keeps the mosquitoes at bay, and ticks...

Back
Top Bottom