Makes me think of a king snake. Dunno if you have them there. I know they live in California, but Montana is too cold. Only ones we have here are Bull snakes and Rattlers. A gal I work with loves snakes (has several pets). I'll see her tomorrow. If no answer by then, I can ask her.
Looking on line the closest I get to is a milk snake. So please ask the gal you work with. I am in New Jersey.

My kindergarten teacher had one as a classroom pet. Grew to be 6 feet long. Trapper was his name. Only snake I've wanted to hold.
Not knowing anything about snakes I decided not to grab it bare handed and picked it up with fireplace tongs and tossed it out into the yard.

Looking on line the closest I get to is a milk snake. So please ask the gal you work with. I am in New Jersey.
She says it's a rat snake, non-venemous. That particular species is native to the mid west, so is likely an escaped/turned loose pet. Either way, isn't native to your area, should be caught and removed to pet store, wild life center, etc.

Easiest way to get it without touching it: put a box in front of it it may go into it.

If you've got a Hot Hands (or heating pad), add that to the box (my addition)
Addendum:
Keep it and feed it all those mice you were catching

She says it's a rat snake, non-venemous. That particular species is native to the mid west, so is likely an escaped/turned loose pet. Either way, isn't native to your area, should be caught and removed to pet store, wild life center, etc.

Easiest way to get it without touching it: put a box in front of it it may go into it.

If you've got a Hot Hands (or heating pad), add that to the box (my addition)
Addendum:
Keep it and feed it all those mice you were catching
Oh dear. I already sent it out into the yard.
:oops:
I am a bit surprised as I have found identical ones in the barn in the past which suggests they are native. I wonder if I should tell animal control in case she is correct.

Best mugshot I could get of "her". No idea yet on the little one, but "she's" feathering in chocolate with black under tones. Last egg to hatch from the incubator.View attachment 3110194
Beak bomber is the cheeky little Cheetah clone.

Adding more chat here to assist in NOT missing the spoiler. I think that pic will turn up again....
I love that spoiler photo! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom