Some pictures to share:

3 out of the 4 new chicks, who are going to melt your heart
View attachment 3114376

They are babies of our current flock.

And below is broody Inky, who is looking more beautiful than ever!
View attachment 3114381
OMG, those babies are just gorgeous!!! You are right about melting our hearts :love :love

Inky is lovely as well. Is she going to raise the chicks for you?

Not a clue… I’m going to have to eventually get around to visiting your fine country for some shopping, sightseeing, or a convention or something…
Okay, so I'm pretty ignorant around this, as I don't have international friends (well, except the newly acquired through Fluffy Butt Acres), so don't ship generally across country borders. Couldn't we ship one to you? Or would that be prohibited? It isn't (I don't think) a highly dangerous nor flammable chemical......❓

I"ll pay my tax when I get home tonight!!!

- I think maybe maybe Bernadette’s leg is looking a bit better. Definitely not normal but less useless.
- Minnie continues to look awful. She showed interest in a piece of shrimp yesterday so when I am able to get out of here and back to the house I will cook her up a few shrimp and see if I can get her to eat. I got as good a look as I can at her ears - it is really hard because the feathers protecting the ear canal are reall stiff like a scrubbing brush so almost impossible to look underneath. But she definitely has no ear discharge or gunk
:weeYay Bernadette!
:hugs:hugsMinnie 🍜 (a cup of warm NON-chicken soup for you)

Shadrach used to hit his coops with a little propane torch to burn them out of crevices,
Okay, so ignorant me has asked this a couple of times before, but no one has 'bitten'.

HOW do you 'burn them out' without also damaging the wooden coop? Yes, I know what those propane torches are like, but haven't used one in forever, and then only once. How do you get it hot enough, especially in crevices, without charring the wood? Is it something someone can explain, or do I just need to get a torch and practice on scrap wood myself?

Okay, so I'm pretty ignorant around this, as I don't have international friends (well, except the newly acquired through Fluffy Butt Acres), so don't ship generally across country borders. Couldn't we ship one to you? Or would that be prohibited? It isn't (I don't think) a highly dangerous nor flammable chemical......❓

I"ll pay my tax when I get home tonight!!!
👮‍♂️ This is RCMP Boarder Patrol. Which packages are you sending into our country 🇨🇦 And for what purpose?
:gig

Okay, so ignorant me has asked this a couple of times before, but no one has 'bitten'.

HOW do you 'burn them out' without also damaging the wooden coop? Yes, I know what those propane torches are like, but haven't used one in forever, and then only once. How do you get it hot enough, especially in crevices, without charring the wood? Is it something someone can explain, or do I just need to get a torch and practice on scrap wood myself?
Be careful with flames 🔥. Dry wood and chicken poop, burn really well.

Read on. The saga continues! I do think BB has trouble relaxing on a perch so she may always be a shelf sleeper.
Why not add a plank-perch instead of a branch, for her? a 4" wide plank (for now, anyways) will certainly be suitable for her (1X4)

I'll probably wish I read ahead...but...since I worked an extra hour off the clock, once I get home I NEED to check in the chickies and do some clean-outs, so not sure I will get back here until late (for my tax payment) or tomorrow (for a delayed tax payment!)

OMG, those babies are just gorgeous!!! You are right about melting our hearts :love :love

Inky is lovely as well. Is she going to raise the chicks for you?
Thank you.

Influenced by many folks here, I want the natural way: let Inky hatch/raise chicks, but my husband won't let it happen because HE has to be the one raising chicks. He loves chickens to death, but he is not on BYC to learn all about broody raised chicks. But I talk about it a lot so he is starting to listen. I would say that he raises very nice chickens.

Back
Top Bottom