Why not add a plank-perch instead of a branch, for her? a 4" wide plank (for now, anyways) will certainly be suitable for her (1X4)

I'll probably wish I read ahead...but...since I worked an extra hour off the clock, once I get home I NEED to check in the chickies and do some clean-outs, so not sure I will get back here until late (for my tax payment) or tomorrow (for a delayed tax payment!)
Yes I can do that. I want to see how it develops. The main roost is a huge branch so I am sure she would be fine on that if the bigs let her.
The ‘fire escape’ structure has 1x2s and some 1x4 shelves. So she already has lots of choices.

Thank you.

Influenced by many folks here, I want the natural way: let Inky hatch/raise chicks, but my husband won't let it happen because HE has to be the one raising chicks. He loves chickens to death, but he is not on BYC to learn all about broody raised chicks. But I talk about it a lot so he is starting to listen. I would say that he raises very nice chickens.
Hahaha that's awesome 😊

Thirsty Thursday - the lure of wild water. Even Minnie came out to sample some before hunkering down under my chair looking miserable. At least she got some fluids and it was her beverage of choice.​
And you may have already seen this but it made me laugh out loud for anyone who needs their spirits lifting.​
,💖Thanks for the update on Minnie.

And thanks for the chuckle, don't I know they are little time thieves ☺️

@featherhead007

Hey how is Jaffar today ? Is he settles down towards you?

Curly and Dorothy got I to a brawl today, I so wanted to break it up but I took bobs suggestion and let them figure it out.

Curly won,!!! And she pinned Dorothy down by the back of her neck. Dorothy is likely 3 times her size! And Curly lost a few feathers but she won!

I am putting it down to spring fever.

Ok, I need you all to hold me to this. The last of the chicks left this evening. They also took Effie and Charlie who in the last 3 days had combs and wattles pop out of nowhere. I still have Lilly, Cricket and Karen who as of right now still seems to be a girl. After Bunnie's eggs hatch no more chicks this season. I normally let one or two broodie's hatch in the late summer to have eggs all winter but with the hooligans reaching laying age in a few weeks time I should not have a shortage. That said, if Chiquita goes broody all bets are off. I've been dying for a broody silkie and Chiquita is broken. Nothing yet from her. I thought silkies were chronic broodies?

Ok, I need you all to hold me to this. The last of the chicks left this evening. They also took Effie and Charlie who in the last 3 days had combs and wattles pop out of nowhere. I still have Lilly, Cricket and Karen who as of right now still seems to be a girl. After Bunnie's eggs hatch no more chicks this season. I normally let one or two broodie's hatch in the late summer to have eggs all winter but with the hooligans reaching laying age in a few weeks time I should not have a shortage. That said, if Chiquita goes broody all bets are off. I've been dying for a broody silkie and Chiquita is broken. Nothing yet from her. I thought silkies were chronic broodies?
Seriously? You are asking this bunch of enablers to stop you having more chicks?
Ha! Good luck with that.
:lau

None of my 3 silkies have ever been broody.

Thirsty Thursday - the lure of wild water. Even Minnie came out to sample some before hunkering down under my chair looking miserable. At least she got some fluids and it was her beverage of choice.​
And you may have already seen this but it made me laugh out loud for anyone who needs their spirits lifting.​
That article was a fun read!

Seriously? You are asking this bunch of enablers to stop you having more chicks?
Ha! Good luck with that.
:lau
Yes, yes I am. I need you all to remind me if I even seem to be thinking of letting anyone else hatch that I need to go outside immediately and do a headcount. That should stop me. And yes, I may be making this statement and calling Chiquita broken to tempt fate and have her go broody in a few days. I want a broody silkie darn it, that is it, nothing else until next year if she will only go broody.

Back
Top Bottom