Wow, a lot happens when you take a day off for work… finally caught back up! We are on day three outside and our first full night out for the meat chicks.

And I fell asleep trying to update! 😂

First night out was a success I only had one chick not figure out the XL dog Crate separated into halves Huddle boxes inside the meat tractor. Yes, I herded it in after full dark. I am almost ready to dismantle the brooder in the living room and start dusting as the last three days have deposited a colossal amount of chick dust everywhere in the trailer. And that also means my excuse to not clean the oven has officially moved out.

There was the Saturday Market, and our first fundraising Pig BBQ for the volunteer fire dept since 2019, as well as a special musical guest from off island at the pub so DH was at work until 1. Friday night we were up past midnight making sausage, it’s been a couple long days.

Chickie Hawk is down one Lady Friend as Friday night I had to help Ruby pass on. She was a neighbours POL purchase in 2019 that I took on towards the end of 2020 when he got down to 3 left of 12, due to cannibalism, neglect, and predators. She had a good two years or so here, but had had three clearly bad days, but would perk up in the mornings, however at night she was sitting in a corner fully in penguin stance and obvious pain. She was a good chicken and had a nice retirement.

Wow, a lot happens when you take a day off for work… finally caught back up! We are on day three outside and our first full night out for the meat chicks.

First night out was a success I only had one chick not figure out the XL dog Crate separated into halves Huddle boxes inside the meat tractor. Yes, I herded it in after full dark. I am almost ready to dismantle the brooder in the living room and start dusting as the last three days have deposited a colossal amount of chick dust everywhere in the trailer. And that also means my excuse to not clean the oven has officially moved out.

There was the Saturday Market, and our first fundraising Pig BBQ for the volunteer fire dept since 2019, as well as a special musical guest from off island at the pub so DH was at work until 1. Friday night we were up past midnight making sausage, it’s been a couple long days.

Chickie Hawk is down one Lady Friend as Friday night I had to help Ruby pass on. She was a neighbours POL purchase in 2019 that I took on towards the end of 2020 when he got down to 3 left of 12, due to cannibalism, neglect, and predators. She had a good two years or so here, but had had three clearly bad days, but would perk up in the mornings, however at night she was sitting in a corner fully in penguin stance and obvious pain. She was a good chicken and had a nice retirement.
Kris. Can you show me a huddle box. If it is what I think, then I need to make something for the Hooligans.

Glad your chicks are out and about 💖

We need pics of the huddle box 🤗

I had a similar "discussion" with my Vet. She wanted to do all these tests on my elderly cat said it was necessary, I told her that no they weren't.

I learnt that just because the vets have all these fancy test and equipment doesn't mean my animals are living any longer or healthy. All that was happening was that vet care was more expensive and I was not likely to bring my animals in for care which thus would shorten their lives and make them less healthy...

I told her once my kitty was gone I would not get any further pets because of the outrageous vet costs...

Of course then I got Missy dropped on my desk in Manitoba hahaha.... 12 chickens....
The lesson for me ages ago with my own care, and I've applied it to our pets' care, is: what will [insert suggested test or treatment] do that will affect diagnosis, treatment, and quality of life?

Back
Top Bottom