If she has been on it less than 24 hours, it should still be okay. Much more than that and it will really start to develop. (though in some places, a chick in an egg:jumpy is a delicacy:sick
It isn’t fertilized it will stay good under Phyllis, in the coop, or on the counter for well over a week. I go longer but I don’t want you all yelling at me.

It isn’t fertilized it will stay good under Phyllis, in the coop, or on the counter for well over a week. I go longer but I don’t want you all yelling at me.
Well, they can go a couple of weeks unwashed on the counter. However, under Phyllis? I wouldn't go more than a day or two. They can go south fairly quickly at high temps - remember, Phyllis is one hot lady! (Forgot no roo...mine are fertile)

Wine is good but I don’t know enough about it!
I don't either, but if I know the main dish (beef, chicken, fish, pasta) I go to a local package store and ask employee for recommendation of a good wine to pair with XXX. They haven't steered me wrong yet (that I know of, anyways! I don't drink...)

Wow. Mine don't eat ants. I have always wondered why. 🤔
I have several different kinds of ants. These are between a quarter and half an inch long, all black, and many are winged. I looked into ants last year. Most emit a bitter excretion, so chickens don't particularly like them. Last year, I had flying ants (like these) swarm and the chickens went bananas for them. not sure what kind of ant they are, but they must taste different. I've also had most of my birds eat tiny black ants as chicks. They leave red ones and red and black ones alone. I think the tiny ants make for good protein that a small chick doesn't have to expend much energy for once they've found the ants' trails. Of course, once the grasshoppers are out, ALL ants are disgusting.

Gasoline. It's expensive but it works
start outside the radius of the ant hill, circling into the middle. Let it soak down. Suffocates the ants. As long as you get the queen, they're toast. Do NOT light up the gas (petrol). Down side: kills all the plants and other bugs inside the circle too. Plan on planting something there NEXT year: shrub, flower bed, tree, etc, after seeing that the ants aren't popping up near by. If they are, you missed the queen. I can't do that on 3 of the ant hills: one under a spruce tree (entrances where trunk meets ground), 1 in the middle of my lilac hedge, 1 semi-inside a tree (exit from under the bark) (if the tree dies, then I can do that one).

Chicken tax
20220523_162855.jpg
Mera

Back
Top Bottom