Rocks-Anne in the room, enjoying the air conditioning, tax:
CC0F67FF-74E4-4878-B3E7-9BBFFB47B6FE.jpeg

How is Minnie doing RC?
Thanks for asking. She is doing a bit better - more energy and clearly eating something (mainly forage not commercial feed) and drinking.
But the big news is that I did what the vet calls 'a flock fecal' (everyone contributes!) and that picked up worms and coccidia (honestly I am not convinced the coccidia load is more than would be normal but the round worms are). So I am just waiting on the worm medicine to be delivered and they are all going to get dosed. I am obviously hoping this is in fact what is wrong with Minnie and that it cures the diarrhea that both Maggie and Dotty have had for a while now. Prior fecal tests were negative but the vet consulted one of her expert contacts who said that sometimes a flock fecal is a better way of detecting worms.
So, fingers crossed for a miraculous recovery once I get to treat her - I am looking up doses on Corrid right now (I have that in hand so can start that treatment as soon as I figure out the dose).
:fl

Thanks for asking. She is doing a bit better - more energy and clearly eating something (mainly forage not commercial feed) and drinking.
But the big news is that I did what the vet calls 'a flock fecal' (everyone contributes!) and that picked up worms and coccidia (honestly I am not convinced the coccidia load is more than would be normal but the round worms are). So I am just waiting on the worm medicine to be delivered and they are all going to get dosed. I am obviously hoping this is in fact what is wrong with Minnie and that it cures the diarrhea that both Maggie and Dotty have had for a while now. Prior fecal tests were negative but the vet consulted one of her expert contacts who said that sometimes a flock fecal is a better way of detecting worms.
So, fingers crossed for a miraculous recovery once I get to treat her - I am looking up doses on Corrid right now (I have that in hand so can start that treatment as soon as I figure out the dose).
:fl
:thumbsup

A very lazy afternoon. Chaco stands in the shade. And after a few apples 🍎 she goes back to doing nothing. I’m back home now, and the chickens are doing nothing but laying eggs. Jaffar is yelling at me (He wants to come inside with me) just not today. I don’t want to rooster-Sit at the moment. (If I see that movie “Cry Macho” again, I’m gonna 🤮) I don’t care if it’s his favorite movie or not!
Like I told you, show him the sound of music. He will like it 😊

Back
Top Bottom