Phyllis Is Broken

I took Phyllis' eggs from her today. This did not bring me joy. But she was 35 days on the nest and did not give up on her own.

She was sad that her eggs were gone but she seemed to accept it. Here is what she had accumulated despite us trying to remove other's eggs.

20220625_185944.jpg

Proof that she has given up is her on the roost tonight. She roosted in the main coop not the Cluckle Hut.

Coop Cam_20220625_210949.jpg

Phyllis Is Broken

I took Phyllis' eggs from her today. This did not bring me joy. But she was 35 days on the nest and did not give up on her own.

She was sad that her eggs were gone but she seemed to accept it. Here is what she had accumulated despite us trying to remove other's eggs.

View attachment 3163465

Proof that she has given up is her on the roost tonight. She roosted in the main coop not the Cluckle Hut.

View attachment 3163466
Good try little lady, but daddy would rather you be healthy. Be safe Phyllis. :love

Phyllis Is Broken

View attachment 3163465

View attachment 3163466
Good try Phyllis. I know it was sad but you did what was best for her. I'm really surprised she stuck it out that long being a Polish. Honestly I would expect Hattie to be your chronic broody seeing how she is a orpington.

Back
Top Bottom