Monday Mugs

I bet you all though I forgot.

20220627_223025.jpg
20220627_223052.jpg
20220627_223122.jpg

The Palace Guard
The Hooligans seem to understand real estate. They have taken possession of the entrance to the Chicken Palace.

View attachment 3164384
OMG, this photo really shows how leggy Giraffadette is compared to the others, What a contrast! As @BY Bob would say 'Look at those gams!' Amazing just how leggier she is than the others!!!!

First Thunderstorm

The Rascals survived their first thunderstorm today.

I can hear it now:

Lady Featherington: 'Oh, Bobby, do be a dear and check on that noise. I am really hungry and must get right back to eating, should whatever it is disrupt meal time"

Gucci: No, it can't be! I'll have a look for my self... Darn, rain, there goes my beautiful hair day!:( I'll just have to go up and get some beauty rest. Oh, wait, a midnight snack before I go sound delightful.'

Glynda: Ah, yes, it is rain. Ol'Sis will be melting, my work is done for the moment....I can go get a snack.'

I’m running out of ideas to keep the chooks cooled off. The fan in the coop only moves the air around. It doesn’t cool them down. They don’t want to come inside the house?? :idunno
That air conditioner isn’t working properly anymore.
While it is more effective in a dry climate, you can put a bucket with ice in it, and have the fan blowing over that. It will help some. Also, wet a favorite dust bathing area that is in teh shade (under the porch, maybe?) Neither is a great solution, but both will help some. (plus, put ice in their drinking water)

I can hear it now:

Lady Featherington: 'Oh, Bobby, do be a dear and check on that noise. I am really hungry and must get right back to eating, should whatever it is disrupt meal time"

Gucci: No, it can't be! I'll have a look for my self... Darn, rain, there goes my beautiful hair day!:( I'll just have to go up and get some beauty rest. Oh, wait, a midnight snack before I go sound delightful.'

Glynda: Ah, yes, it is rain. Ol'Sis will be melting, my work is done for the moment....I can go get a snack.'
That is well done. :clap :clap :clap :lau:gig:lau:gig

Only thought of it this morning : here's a lovely Instagram account, signe.of.horses, by a woman in the Netherlands inspired by vikings, who has a faverolle, Ger, that rides her horse Brisingr, both directly on his back or with her. She trained them to do this but I think the chicken jumped on the horse's back on it's own the first time.

Tax : growing chicks watching the view
View attachment 3164858
What a wonderful calendar picture this would make! Scenery, beautiful birds...checking out the scenery.... it's got it all!❤️❤️ I don't know who wouldn't look at that picture on a calendar and dreamily think of a quieter, more peaceful time & place!

Back
Top Bottom