That is mean. Funny but mean.
Cracking Up Reaction GIF
I tried weeding it a while back but gave up! Truly evil stuff.

And it's not like cactus in the desert that grows in scattered clumps, this stuff is a tangled mass! And thick! You just can't get into it!

Goodness. I thought they only thrived in zone 8 and up. You have real winters. Do they over winter OK?
RC they will grow fine where you are also. Beware though! It tends to grow wild! It has beautiful yellow or orange flowers and lively green paddles/pods. And gets to about 2' high.... Need well drained soil and limes to be watered well.

Yes the variety I have is native to here. It's actually an endangered species due to farmers and people getting rid of it for obvious reasons - hard to manage and goes wild!

In the winter it shriveled up and looks dead but as soon as it warms up they plump up and start growing new pods like crazy!!! Hence the over taking of my garden haha.
Wow. I just looked it up. Very cool.
It says it only grows in two spots - so maybe you should let someone know you have it too!
https://www.ontario.ca/page/eastern-prickly-pear-cactus

I am motivated to weed cactus now!! I'll let you know how it goes!

Tax
View attachment 3169378
There is only 1 way to weed a cactus and I'll explain it to you. Take a gallon of clorox, pour entire gallon on and around where said cactus's are growing. Weed problem and cactus problem solved. I'm sorry I have a very strong dislike for cactus. When I was little my grandmother had one. I do not remember what kind it was. All I remember was playing tag with my cousins. I fell, backwards, onto the cactus. 4 hours of plucking thorns from places cactus thorns do not belong led to my weeding method. The thing finally died many years later and I do not miss it.

The hooligans would like to show everyone their exclusive new clubhouse. It offers shade to beat the heat, a roof for when it rains and hundreds of snacks if you are inclined to catch them. Where is this place? The creek bed where else. They are spending hours each day over there lately.
DSCN8294.JPG
DSCN8293.JPG
DSCN8292.JPG
DSCN8291.JPG
DSCN8282.JPG
DSCN8281.JPG
DSCN8279.JPG
DSCN8278.JPG
DSCN8274.JPG
DSCN8265.JPG

No adults allowed here. Unless you are Bunny and the babies, if she wants to take them there they begrudgingly share the real estate.

Tractor sound so much more useful!
Hope that isn’t offensive.
:oops:
Very useful indeed! I'm most certainly the useless one around here 😁. A lot of the "work" I do is staring at the chickens.
I am sure either way one can sit and watch the tractor at work 🤗
One could if one didn't have to rake the hay into piles and put the said piles in the hay bags and tie them up😇.

Back
Top Bottom