It is Harder than it Looks
They still don't have this roosting thing figured out. How did the big hen Lady Featherington wind up roosting on the little bar connecting the coop and nest box? It is so cute that Glynda has her head draped down to be by Lady Featherington. I also thought for a minute that Gucci had a spot to rest her head tonight but she slipped right by it.

Why so cryptic? I too was confused. I thought I knew the answer but wasn't certain. Sydney is  NOT a heritage barred rock, right?

View attachment 3173371
Correct. Sorry, didn't mean to be so cryptic. Also, most heritage BR girls have smaller combs. They were developed in NE, after all, with cold winters. I'll see if I have any pics that show the difference...not sure if I have a good head shot of one of the heritage girls....I'll edit this post if I do have suitable pics.

Edited: okay, This is the best I can do. The first picture is one of the heritage girls, the other 2 are of production BR. Notice how much bigger their combs are than the heritage girl. Huge difference.
IMG_0657.JPG
IMG_0583.JPG
IMG_1276.JPG

Last edited:
They still don't have this roosting thing figured out. How did the big hen Lady Featherington wind up roosting on the little bar connecting the coop and nest box? It is so cute that Glynda has her head draped down to be by Lady Featherington. I also thought for a minute that Gucci had a spot to rest her head tonight but she slipped right by it.

Awwww so sweet!

Lady Featherington is going to be a gorgeous big hen.

That is completely adorable and also hilarious!
I can hear you have a load of fireworks as I do here.

That is completely adorable and also hilarious!
I can hear you have a load of fireworks as I do here.
Not even the 4th yet, and people are going nuts over there. :eek: The neighbor kids don’t start here until tomorrow (usually)
Everyone is back in the coop, except Dakota (she was out under the grapevine) jumping for hanging grapes. Very cute, but it’s time for bed. She’s inside with me and Xzit tonight. I guess I will find out how many grapes 🍇 she’s eaten! :sick

I has a pillow! 😴

Back
Top Bottom