A few mugs for Monday…
07E1BB68-4B4A-4C0C-8ADC-BB88196CCF4E.jpeg
E8EFEA37-2498-4EB7-BBB0-34411A559D39.jpeg
D23F83F4-3FB3-4F96-A00A-DE907D7C71F5.jpeg
59F369A8-E651-463B-A854-59F4CC18D71F.jpeg
70AF68D0-1118-4591-8CE3-FCF77EAB295F.jpeg

Oh my… I think I’ve been gone for over a week, and I doubt there’s going to be any catching up in the near future. I’m sincerely hoping everyone is doing ok, especially everyone facing Weather and life extremes. ❤️ I have an unfortunate update (if no one has mentioned it here?) on the two little orphaned Goatlings I brought home. They didn’t make it and both passed away that Saturday. Sunday DH and I buried them together a little ways off in the woods from the trailer. I have been feeling quite down since then, and dealing with what is for us “extreme heat” in the mid 30’s Celsius, and swinging back into the 12-16C range with torrential rains, which although quite normal for spring and fall here, isn’t for summer.

So long and short of the story here is I’m struggling quite a bit right now, and might not be on quite as much as I would like. On a positive note, I’ve started standing up some trusses on the house (completely in my own no less!). They crazy weather is delaying haying, so has bought me perhaps a little more time in constructing a tossed together pallet goat shelter, but it also delays my attempt to shimmy up onto the trailer roof to attach the roofing stuff to our RV!

View attachment 3173548
Some pony Sunday Pics to share in the meantime:
View attachment 3173526
“OMGosh look at that rack! Hunni stop, back up! We have to get pictures of him! Oh wow, there’s two” The keys to hunting on the farm here 1: wear plaid, not camo 2: always say “Hi deer, you’re such a pretty deer” while approaching 3: drive the loudest rattling diesel vehicle you can (makes you blend right in!) yes, that’s one very chubby 4point buck!View attachment 3173529
And some forest goat time, because when it’s crazy hot the deepest nearby shade is over here and it keeps everyone safe from my goat shelter building activities:
View attachment 3173539
View attachment 3173543
Even little Ciaran has learned to appreciate a lay down in the nice long cool grass!View attachment 3173545
So sorry you are feeling down. So sorry about the goatlets. Such lovely pictures.
Don't forget here is the place to come if you need any self affirmation - we all think you are brilliant. Well at least I do and I sense others here do too.
Good luck with whatever you are dealing with and hope you won't be a total stranger.
:hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom