Can you angle the shade cloth out, like an awning (maybe by attaching at top, but having a wooden frame angled out at 45 degrees from bottom to support it , instead of putting it directly on the side (instead of against the side top to bottom)? I think that would be more effective, if you are able to do that.:idunno

The new coop looks great, btw!!:love
Thanks. I have some t-posts and rope I can use to make an awning. Great idea!😁

No sign of any pipping.
Is it time already? The two broodies I had set didn’t hatch any of their eggs either. They aren’t breaking though so I’ve tried setting up a maternity ward, and have added in my bully girl (who hatched out Scarface and his brother) fingers crossed for you! It’s always hard with new mamas, you never know how they are going to be.

Thanks. I have some t-posts and rope I can use to make an awning. Great idea!😁
Tripod camper jacks (the really old hand crank ones) a rake and shovel allow you to turn a shade tarp (not very waterproof, but hey it was on hand) into a quick tent arrangement for sudden rainstorms. 😂 my curvy girls are really enjoying their secluded little coop and run arrangement. I put them in the shady jar part of my yard area, then rigged up a little tarp awning, much like you describe. The “slightly worn” tarp with holes still managed to hold enough water to almost collapse the tie outs. I’ll have to snap a picture. I’m honestly considering writing a book about building things out of trash! 😂

Two broodies, Alinta joined Rosie yesterday.
20220703_185148_HDR~2.jpg

20220702_185532~3.jpg

20220703_185217~2.jpg

Super stretch!
20220702_185549~3.jpg

Brenna all by her lonesome
20220701_191541~2.jpg

Tripod camper jacks (the really old hand crank ones) a rake and shovel allow you to turn a shade tarp (not very waterproof, but hey it was on hand) into a quick tent arrangement for sudden rainstorms. 😂 my curvy girls are really enjoying their secluded little coop and run arrangement. I put them in the shady jar part of my yard area, then rigged up a little tarp awning, much like you describe. The “slightly worn” tarp with holes still managed to hold enough water to almost collapse the tie outs. I’ll have to snap a picture. I’m honestly considering writing a book about building things out of trash! 😂
Kris, I think we could co-author the book. I had to buy some furring strips for the wire on my new coop but the door and frame are all refurbished supplies. 😁🍻

I took these yesterday. I may try for some more later on today for mugshot monday we will have to see.
The mimosa tree has another use besides giving me my yearly sinus infection...and it has by the way. The hooligans are gorging themselves on its blooms and using it for photo ops.
View attachment 3174038View attachment 3174039
I know it is an evil invasive tree that makes you sick, but it is very pretty with added little chickens!!

I'm going to need a nap this evening. Even though out of respect for the fallen cops fireworks have been postponed until this coming weekend my neighbor will shoot his off tonight. I saw them bringing in bags of them yesterday afternoon. The last several years they have started shooting the things at almost midnight. I will once again be out back, cursing him to myself as I'm trying to calm Louis and Dirt. Russ sleeps through it. Dirt and Louis have lost their minds the last few years. Not only will the horses be upset, every chicken on the place also gets upset and the let it be known....loudly.

Back
Top Bottom