Must I go home I'd rather stay here please

@BY Bob
We are getting there šŸ˜€
20220705_141015.jpg

2fer Tuesday
These fine ladies are watching chicken TV. On the other side of the hardware cloth is Dotty chasing the Hooligans.
These matrons stay out of the fight but they enjoy watching!
Diana is also keeping an eye on the main door in case the battle spills outside and disturbs her rest.

View attachment 3174871
LOL, seeing them settled down like that made me think 'chicken couch potatoes!' :lau At least they are watching TRULY entertaining TV!

She is cute!
Thanks for asking about Bella - she is not well. Her crop was empty in the evening (not good) but when I gave her mash she wolfed it down (good!). She fell off the roost again last night and did not get up bright and early (not good) but she is running around now (good). For what I could see of her during the night she was doing her head stretched and open mouth breathing (not good).
She is a mystery.
I doubt I will get a vet appointment for today but am calling them now to get an appointment hopefully for later in the week.
Oh...falling again from the roost is worrying. Did she get back on it ?
I don't know if it's for chickens like us that lack of balance can come from the ears ?

Sorry, I misunderstood about the vet, I hope you can get an appointment soon.

LOL, seeing them settled down like that made me think 'chicken couch potatoes!' :lau At least they are watching TRULY entertaining TV!
They totally were. They wander furthest from home foraging and they had been way out in the long grass and came home and threw themselves down on the sofa to watch TV.
So funny!
And thanks to everyone for their concern about Bella. She is off to the vet on Thursday afternoon.

Ummmm Iā€™m going to say that the belly shaving is completely off the tableā€¦ poor muffins. First you trick them with golf balls and then this??? Seriously itā€™s a miracle the ponies havenā€™t ratted you out to the SPCA! šŸ¤£
I always said the horses were better than kids, you can lock them away and they won't call childrens aid..... (Ok just kidding, everything here even kids are spoilt rotten šŸ˜)

Funny thing is, they are only like that when they are co-broody. Shortly after they let the kids be, they roost side by side for a week or so, then start roosting on opposite roosts in their coop!:idunno I guess they have a good bond in that they trust and help each other,, but don't always have to 'hang out' together?:confused:
That is pretty amazing. Chicken behavior is always interesting.

Back
Top Bottom