And to think, the only reason I had today off was I am closing on my house, but didn't know what time it would be until Friday.

Hubby & I haven't been married too long (9 years). I'm finally selling my house. Thank goodness, I hated being a landlord, particularly since it is an hour away, and we could use the money to fix up 'our' house! ....and maybe;) use some of it to make improvements to my chicken housing!!!! ;)
Congratulations 😀

I won’t be getting a pillow for my chooks, but I am looking for a good (low waste) feeder for them. Anybody have any ideas? Suggestions? Tell me to buzz off?
I would never to tell you to buzz off 🤗

Low waste feeder though that's not possible IMHO.... But maybe someone knows!

I've had a really trying day and couldn't hardly spend anytime with my girls. To top it all flexis vent is down. I put olive oil into her vent and gave her some coconut oil before bed as well as a little cuddle.
I'd be heartbroken to lose my lovely girl she's such a character and the mother of them all

If squirrels, mice & rats are a concern, then get a treadle feeder. I think someone, maybe @MaryJanet, got one within the last year? I observed mice going after feed on my regular feeder so I launched this one. Also wild birds can’t get at it now, a good thing as far as diseases. I don’t have a problem with raking but I got an add-on they offer for that and haven’t needed it. So far I like mine well enough, I got a two-bird size. I did remove the soft-close mechanism to get a firmer close, so it does bang when they step off. I think the newer models have been improved with a different pull point. Anyway not a problem for us. When the feeder gets low it gets resonant and noticeable, I know to fill it if I haven’t checked in a while. Here’s the web site for mine http://ratproofchickenfeeder.net/
I did! I bought it so the hens would have access to their pellets while roaming around the backyard, without the pigeons becoming dependent on it as a food source. I'm very impressed with the design, especially the soft closing lid. Then I failed to teach the chooks how to use it. But we might start over again one day.

Back
Top Bottom