My hens do that when they start molting, I wouldn't worry. Also try laying off the supplemental items, they don't get it in the wild this it is not a normal part of their diet.

Just feed layed pellets/crumble, and all the bugs they can find, not too many fruits and veggies or bread. Once a week my gals get any eggs that I accidentally drop ( ya that happens weekly duh bad Kelly).

Fresh water without additives. I have had livestock all my life from and I never fed supplements, all my horses, rabbits, were all healthy. My neighbour also has sheep cattle swine, they all are feed regular grain feeds and grass/hay without supplements. In the end it's just expensive pee, and could actually upset the natural flora and fauna in their gut.

Less and simple is better (and easier on the pocket book!!!!).
Thanks my friend ❤

Thanks my friend ❤
She's out on the grass now and will have a little sleep time after.

I regret buying these poultry treats they are more pellets than supperfood and bugs

Attachments

• 20220707_133348.jpg
    20220707_133348.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 1
Unsuccessful Weigh In

Yesterday was not a great day for BY Bob with the chickens. I tried to weigh Phyllis. I have been wanting to do so too see the effects of 35 days trying to hatch on her weight. I made the mistake of not bringing her in the house to weigh her on the table. Instead I tried to weigh her on the ground outside.

What a mess.

Up on the table in the house, a chicken will pause to consider its next move giving the scale a moment to weigh it. Outside on the ground she just kept trying to walk away. I could not get her to hold still and eventually I gave up with all the squawking and wing flapping. What a ruckus.

The really interesting thing is that Aurora came to her defense. Aurora charged over and did everything except outright attack me. It was very rooster like and she was highly agitated and unhappy with me causing Phyllis distress. She reminded me very much of Patsy.

All in all she probably is a good leader for this group after all.

The High Queen and Defender of the Realm

View attachment 3176839
Love the title! Poor Phyllis.

I'm really not certain how much effort I want to invest for 1 more week. I need to think about it.
I get that - I am fortunate in that I have any number of doggy play pen panels and compost container panels that I can whip up a tiny containment area in 5 minutes. But if it requires construction I for sure wouldn't invest that effort for 1 week.

What do they want from me? Gezzz! :barnie I cooked up some steak that I had in the fridge, cut up tiny pieces, and gave some to each chook. They still wanted more, more, more. Dakota jumped up on my lap and went face to beak with me (she had the beak, me the face) all Jaffar did was bite my hand. Seems that he didn’t want steak! But yes, Xzit had some too. Still setting on the egg. So, what do they want from me?

Runny poop and she hardly had any greens yesterday due too home issues that urgently needed dealing with which would affect my chickens.

She hasn't had to much of protein foods as I try to balance with vitamins minerals and I keep their water supplies clean.

I'm sure Agatha somehow picked this up, maybe in my neighbours garden or a different wood chips I used that stands a chance 🤔 the previous one no on had problems
Flexi has the same poo as Agatha had

I've used vermex in their water and now switched to 2 teaspoons of silver and a acv in their main water.

View attachment 3176784
That poop isn’t indicative of coccidiosis to my knowledge, it looks more like a worm concern…

Back
Top Bottom